Chick a Fil Phenomenon

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You have an awful lot of anger towards someone who usually ignores your trolling. You are projecting :yay:

I can find plenty of posts where I have honest debates with people. Sorry you chose not to read them

:lmao: I love that!

I have a absolutely zero anger. I spend my time laughing at this crap.

Chris0nllyn

Let’s just ignore the history you guys have of attacking people at every step......
I have polite and in depth debates with people who are capable. Gilligan, kyle, gurps, you and others do plenty of throwing stones but little actual debat8ng. But if you want to start fresh, let’s go. I won’t make any insults or call names until you do. :yay:

Who is in?

Now you want to have threads of 1,000,000+ pages arguing the merits of what an insult or name calling is? :lol:

Good lord, I can see it now.

"You said silly, that's an insult to me and now you shall feel my wrath and I will call you any name I wish and insult around every turn. Not because I've been patiently waiting to do it this entire time, but because I perceived what you said to be an insult. Now, you own me a dissertation on insults. I will not read it over, nor look at any of your sources because you're a meanie-head."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THAT'S THE POINT!!!!!!

As a libertarian I don't give a flying #### if a company chooses to pull (or pay for) advertising for whatever reason they want.

This started because you said:

Not my boycott, and I've never, ever, posted anything remotely close to accepting or agreeing with said boycott. So, will you admit you made this up?

Outside of the intellectual knot here, can you see your problem now?

That you're mad at the fact that I, as a libertarian, am not more upset that the government has not stepped in? Do you realize now (and especially after you admit to no government intervention) that the actions of these companies are solely on their own shoulders? Pressure (political or societal; this case is more societal pressure with some political sprinkled in for good measure) not by government is not my problem.

Again, as a libertarian I am against governmental action or intervention that affects a company's decisions between itself and a concenting adult or other company or entity. I'm against action or intervention by government that picks winners and losers (Solyndra or the Ex-Im Bank for example). Why on earth should I be worried if a company decides to be a chicken#### and pull their advertising? It's their business, they can do what they wish.

Somehow, someway, you've completely ignored or forgotten, or simply never learned about libertarianism or the Libertarian Party.

:lol:

You are being deliberately argumentative and indeed throwing up a strawman, and I'm not interested in that.

Have fun. :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lmao: I love that!

I have a absolutely zero anger. I spend my time laughing at this crap.

I started to address MR's *ahem* perception, but decided to butt out and let you have the laugh. :lol:

MR, I have known Kyle for decades - he's my old roommate - and he is not an angry person. If you are reading his posts as angry, that's on you. I read them in his voice, which I know quite well, and they don't come across angry to me at all.

Midnightrider

I started to address MR's *ahem* perception, but decided to butt out and let you have the laugh. :lol:

MR, I have known Kyle for decades - he's my old roommate - and he is not an angry person. If you are reading his posts as angry, that's on you. I read them in his voice, which I know quite well, and they don't come across angry to me at all.
Meh, if you read his posts in a vacuum you would see what I see. We don’t all come across the same way online as we do in person.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Meh, if you read his posts in a vacuum you would see what I see. We don’t all come across the same way online as we do in person.

I think we interpret other people in context of our own emotional state.

There was someone - I can't remember who - who started a thread awhile back bitching quite vehemently about how he stopped his car at a crosswalk and as the girl walked past she made a hand gesture at him. He interpreted that as a "halt", like she was entitled. The way he described it sounded like a little thank you wave to me.

Two different interpretations of the same action. Granted, he actually saw it and I didn't, but I recall he was quite worked up over an incidental event that had happened a day or so previously, and had apparently spent some time stewing about it.

I used to be married to someone who swore that anyone making a driving error - cutting him off, driving slow in the hammer lane, etc - was specifically doing it to piss him off personally. He would stew about it for quite some time, convinced that it wasn't just a mistake, but a highly personal attack. Once he even tried to chase the offender down to confront him.

So...yeah...human behavior.

Anyway, know in the future that Kyle has a fairly mild temperament and you're going to have to work really hard to get him angry. A post in a forum isn't going to do it.

Chris0nllyn

:lol:

You are being deliberately argumentative and indeed throwing up a strawman, and I'm not interested in that.

Have fun. :howdy:

Jesus H. Christ.

What strawman am I throwing up? Please, point it out.

Thus far, I've seen you (falsely) claim I'm part of this boycott, without an apology. You've (falsely) claimed that this is a free speech/press issue. You've (falsely) implied that libertarians should be mad at the "Orwellian" practice of advertising in private business. And now you've (falsely) claimed I'm throwing up a strawman.

None of this is real and you can't even see it. You can't see when you;re wrong. You won't admit the #### you make up. Then, when all else fails, just make up something wild and crazy and run with it.

Now, tell me that it's not worth your time and you're surely not going over the last few posts you've made see how ridiculous you look and sound.

Even AFTER you admit the government isn't forcing a company to do anything, and even AFTER I explain to you that libertarians are against governmental intervention in businesses, you still don't budge. Is this because your "own emotional state" dictates that?

Once again for those of you reading and that have ciritical thinking and observation skills (and reading helps); libertarians don't believe in governmental intervention. If a private business decides to pull advertising for whatevcer reason, that's their choise. Notice that Vrai was not as vocal when the peanut gallery here was crying for a NFL boycott. Being the so-called freeodm lover she is, she wasn't claiming a NFL boycott is a free speech issue, or a free press issue, or that it reaked of Orwellian, 1984-style......something. No, because it's completely ridiculous to believe that. And as someone who loves to point out the advertisers of this very site, you'd think Vrai would have at least a basic understanding of this.

Instead, she doubles down and (falsely, again) assumes that me defending a position in a discussion/debate is akin to tossing up a strawman. That's tough to do given the QUOTES, by Vrai, used to back up my position. Then again, she doesn't understand libertarianism, so I shouldn't expect her to understand what a strawman is.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... Kyle has a fairly mild temperament and you're going to have to work really hard to get him angry. A post in a forum isn't going to do it.

Unless it’s one of these ######## trying to push me out of the left lane!!!

:cussing:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Jesus H. Christ.

What strawman am I throwing up? Please, point it out.

Thus far, I've seen you (falsely) claim I'm part of this boycott, without an apology. You've (falsely) claimed that this is a free speech/press issue. You've (falsely) implied that libertarians should be mad at the "Orwellian" practice of advertising in private business. And now you've (falsely) claimed I'm throwing up a strawman.

None of this is real and you can't even see it. You can't see when you;re wrong. You won't admit the #### you make up. Then, when all else fails, just make up something wild and crazy and run with it.

Now, tell me that it's not worth your time and you're surely not going over the last few posts you've made see how ridiculous you look and sound.

Even AFTER you admit the government isn't forcing a company to do anything, and even AFTER I explain to you that libertarians are against governmental intervention in businesses, you still don't budge. Is this because your "own emotional state" dictates that?

Once again for those of you reading and that have ciritical thinking and observation skills (and reading helps); libertarians don't believe in governmental intervention. If a private business decides to pull advertising for whatevcer reason, that's their choise. Notice that Vrai was not as vocal when the peanut gallery here was crying for a NFL boycott. Being the so-called freeodm lover she is, she wasn't claiming a NFL boycott is a free speech issue, or a free press issue, or that it reaked of Orwellian, 1984-style......something. No, because it's completely ridiculous to believe that. And as someone who loves to point out the advertisers of this very site, you'd think Vrai would have at least a basic understanding of this.

Instead, she doubles down and (falsely, again) assumes that me defending a position in a discussion/debate is akin to tossing up a strawman. That's tough to do given the QUOTES, by Vrai, used to back up my position. Then again, she doesn't understand libertarianism, so I shouldn't expect her to understand what a strawman is.

:snacks:

Hijinx

Well:
Here we are. another post far afield from where it began .
I congratulate the makers of "MY Pillow for staying with a show they chose to advertise on.
The advertiser chose that show for a reason. They surmised that show would bring them sales.

The person who called for the boycott had a reason. He wanted to hurt Laura Ingraham, because Laura made a twitter comment.
A comment saying that he was refused acceptance at 4 colleges. By the way it was true at the time.
Seems a pretty mild comment to me, but Hogg is a boy,not a man, so he couldn't take it like a man.
He took it like a child and lashed out.
Which to me is even more reason to ignore a boycott. Do these companies really drop their ads because of a comment by a boy?
I guess they do --some of them.
They were frightened by the response of the liberals and just lost the Conservative sales.

Actually a lot of stupidity on the part of a lot of people.

Cmpanies like celebrities should be smart enough not to piss off half of their audience or customers.

Anyway, IMO the Companies who dropped Laura Ingraham were chicken sh1ts.
I am personally glad the "My Pillow" folks showed some courage.
If I were buying pillows I would buy two . one for my wife and one for myself.

Being 75 years old I have gone through a lot of pillows.
I know they all go flat over time become dirty, nasty and need replacement, and despite other manufacturers claiming the My Pillow is not honest in their ads, it is probably just as good as theirs. Maybe better especially if it is truly washable.

Now someone commented about Friends in the forum.
I have been here awhile and while I do not know any forumite personally ( at least I don't think I do.
I can say with certainty IF YOU ARE LOOKING IN THE FORUM FOR A FRIEND, BUY A DOG.

Someone else commented about name calling.
I think I have been called every name in the book in here, and Yes I have called some names.
I cannot help it I respond to ignorance and hypocrites, by calling them as I see them.
So bad mouth me and expect to get it back.

Midnightrider

I think we interpret other people in context of our own emotional state.

There was someone - I can't remember who - who started a thread awhile back bitching quite vehemently about how he stopped his car at a crosswalk and as the girl walked past she made a hand gesture at him. He interpreted that as a "halt", like she was entitled. The way he described it sounded like a little thank you wave to me.

Two different interpretations of the same action. Granted, he actually saw it and I didn't, but I recall he was quite worked up over an incidental event that had happened a day or so previously, and had apparently spent some time stewing about it.

I used to be married to someone who swore that anyone making a driving error - cutting him off, driving slow in the hammer lane, etc - was specifically doing it to piss him off personally. He would stew about it for quite some time, convinced that it wasn't just a mistake, but a highly personal attack. Once he even tried to chase the offender down to confront him.

So...yeah...human behavior.

Anyway, know in the future that Kyle has a fairly mild temperament and you're going to have to work really hard to get him angry. A post in a forum isn't going to do it.

I have news for you, his posts tell a different story.

You are viewing him through the eyes of already liking him. I have only seen his posts.