Chickadees

frequentflier

happy to be living
Frequently referred to as "kitty tv", on the deck off our bedroom on the 2nd floor; we have bird feeders, suet feeders and squirrel feeders. There are many nose prints on the doors; including ours! Flying squirrels are fascinating! But we get a large variety of birds like tufted titmice, cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, finches, waxwings, etc. It is so pleasant to wake up to in the morning.
There is a hand made bird house I bid on at a fundraising event that we have had on the front porch for a couple years. It appears for the 1st time, we have a pair of chickadees that are raising a family in there. As the whole front of the house consists of french doors, it is visible from the kitchen area and living room area of the 1st floor.

The big stresses of the day disappear when I sit and watch Mother Nature around me :huggy:

mamatutu

mama to two
I have been watching house wrens collecting nest builder thingys on my back deck. Two of them are building nests in the end of two gutters on back of house. They can slip in under the gutter guard. I don't care if they build there, I just worry that if it rains hard it might flood them, or how are the babies going to learn to fly, with such a tiny opening to get thru? It is the same with the chimney swifts that nest in my chimneys every year. the chimney sweep says to put caps on, but I don't mind the birds. They come back every year and you can hear their chirpings and wing flutterings through the fireplace opening.

LuckyMe143

I just my two little one into bird watching. I picked 5 birds that are easy for them to identify and give them points. (1-5) Cardinals are 5 points robins 1 chickadees 2 so on and so on. Its fun!

luvmygdaughters

The big stresses of the day disappear when I sit and watch Mother Nature around me
:yeahthat:
Love to watch the birds, my hubby and I have even named a few for their unique personalities. I know........it sounds boring, but so relaxing.

I have been watching house wrens collecting nest builder thingys on my back deck. Two of them are building nests in the end of two gutters on back of house. They can slip in under the gutter guard. I don't care if they build there, I just worry that if it rains hard it might flood them, or how are the babies going to learn to fly, with such a tiny opening to get thru? It is the same with the chimney swifts that nest in my chimneys every year. the chimney sweep says to put caps on, but I don't mind the birds. They come back every year and you can hear their chirpings and wing flutterings through the fireplace opening.

Got one with a nest up under my canoe out back. Better than the garage last year. Babies made a lot of mess before they left and I had to keep the cat out of there for a while.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
We have a bunch of various birds. The peckers have been waking me up the last several weeks.

I saw a pretty chickadee at the chiro this morning.

I stopped feeding them last year because the squirrels pretty much took over the yard.

They still like it here (the birds, not so much the squirrels)

This morning at ~7 a woodpecker decided to drill into the window behind my head. I yelled at it and it went away.

Scared me to death.

Yeah. Birds make me happy, and I love the morning wakeup but not 3 inches from my head when I'm sound asleep.

Lilypad

The sweetest lil bird-Carolina Wren-has the messiest and largest nest I've ever seen. There is one building a nest out of moss and oak tree tendrils in the rafters of the carport, every morning I find nesting debris and poop all over the place.

A Flyercatcher has returned to its nest for 3 years in a row; tidies it up and lays 2 batches of eggs each year.

I agree it is a thrill to watch nature and all her creatures great and small. :yahoo:

Pete

Repete
We have a bunch of various birds. The peckers have been waking me up the last several weeks.

I saw a pretty chickadee at the chiro this morning.

I stopped feeding them last year because the squirrels pretty much took over the yard.

They still like it here (the birds, not so much the squirrels)

This morning at ~7 a woodpecker decided to drill into the window behind my head. I yelled at it and it went away.

Scared me to death.

Yeah. Birds make me happy, and I love the morning wakeup but not 3 inches from my head when I'm sound asleep.
Insert pecker joke here

DEEKAYPEE8569

Frequently referred to as "kitty tv", on the deck off our bedroom on the 2nd floor; we have bird feeders, suet feeders and squirrel feeders. There are many nose prints on the doors; including ours! Flying squirrels are fascinating! But we get a large variety of birds like tufted titmice, cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, finches, waxwings, etc. It is so pleasant to wake up to in the morning.
There is a hand made bird house I bid on at a fundraising event that we have had on the front porch for a couple years. It appears for the 1st time, we have a pair of chickadees that are raising a family in there. As the whole front of the house consists of french doors, it is visible from the kitchen area and living room area of the 1st floor.

The big stresses of the day disappear when I sit and watch Mother Nature around me :huggy:

Every time I hear "chickadee" I hear W.C. Fields' voice.

belvak

Happy Camper
I love this time of year, and seeing all of the birds!!! Here are a couple of birds from my backyard...

bird.jpg

bird2.jpg