'Chicken and waffles' cereal heading to Walmart

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you subscribe to brunch, you’re familiar with the religious following behind chicken and waffles. Well, just in time for National Cereal Day, the sweet and savory dish is being turned into a cereal.

That’s right — on March 7, Post’s Chicken and Waffle Honey “Brunches” of Oats will hit store shelves exclusively at Walmart. Mimosas not included.

While there’s no actual poultry in this shelf-stable cereal (thank God), there are drumstick-like crunchies in the box. It’s unclear exactly what this tastes like because the packaging just says “naturally and artificially flavored,” but according to junk food Instagrammer @canadiancandyhunters, “It’s real and spectacular!” Enough said.

The sweet and savory treat is set to hit store shelves just in time for National Cereal Day.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Chicken and waffles cereal can't even begin to compete with sausage gravy 'n biscuits edible underwear*.

*Now there's a pajama gram you can give your Gal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have never understood this combination of flavors......must be alcohol involved.

Have you ever tried it? Chicken and waffles is delicious. I normally don't like goobered up food, but this Southern classic is a winner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have not. I just don't get the concept.

I admit the first time I heard of it I was skeeved out, but my Alabama born first husband talked me into it and I became a fan. It was one of our staple meals when we were poor and couldn't afford stuff, and he had the habit of bringing home half his platoon for dinner with no advance notice.