Chiggers and ticks at flag ponds?

frozenrain

My children are a bit sensitive to insect repellant and was wondering if there are a lot of ticks or chiggers around that area in particular.Planning to spend a few hours there. I have been there before but am planning more time doing the trails this time not just fossil hunting on the beach...
This might be like asking if there are Spanish people in Spain but it would be nice to here if anyone has had a lot of trouble there with this....
TIA:buddies:

T

toppick08

My children are a bit sensitive to insect repellant and was wondering if there are a lot of ticks or chiggers around that area in particular.Planning to spend a few hours there. I have been there before but am planning more time doing the trails this time not just fossil hunting on the beach...
This might be like asking if there are Spanish people in Spain but it would be nice to here if anyone has had a lot of trouble there with this....
TIA:buddies:

Unless they get in a tall grass area or blackberry bushes.:jameo:, they should be fairly safe.......but check for ticks.....:yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I would bet that where there's woods there are ticks and where there is tall grass there are chiggars.:lmao:

belvak

Happy Camper
When we used to go to Flag Ponds, the biggest problem was the black flies. Nasty little critters!! They were mainly on the beach though. Have fun!!!