chiggers?

ashliekay711

this might be a stupid question, but, are chiggers contaigous? because my BF has them all over his legs from this past weekend and i didn't go out with him when he got them, and after us laying together the night after i have like 5 small itchy bumps on my lower calves? just curious, any one got an answer?

this might be a stupid question, but, are chiggers contaigous? because my BF has them all over his legs from this past weekend and i didn't go out with him when he got them, and after us laying together the night after i have like 5 small itchy bumps on my lower calves? just curious, any one got an answer?

Chiggers are living, blood-sucking creatures that bury themselves into the skin and they can very well jump from him to you. You are now invested with parasites...:yikes:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Mostly likely not, however if they haven't buried into his skin yet, they will crawl and you could end up with some. My SO brings them home all the time and I've hardly ever gotten them ....

ashliekay711

Mostly likely not, however if they haven't buried into his skin yet, they will crawl and you could end up with some. My SO brings them home all the time and I've hardly ever gotten them ....

well i was just reading in the link that Mrx left and it says that its a myth that they bury down into your skin (that's what i had always heard too) i'll be making sure that bug carryin mother f***er takes a shower next time before he comes touching up on me lol

greeneyes36

you can buy liquid at pharmacy to get rid of them - has "chiggers-X" i think on the box - white with blue/red writing ... friend of my ex's told him that clear fingernail polish does the same thing - suffocates them and they die. And i never got them the couple of times my ex ended up with them during hunting season...

T

toppick08

Chiggers are living, blood-sucking creatures that bury themselves into the skin and they can very well jump from him to you. You are now invested with parasites...:yikes:

Yes, and getting them in the privates is no fun.....trust me.....:jameo:

kelb

art imitating life
you can buy liquid at pharmacy to get rid of them - has "chiggers-X" i think on the box - white with blue/red writing ... friend of my ex's told him that clear fingernail polish does the same thing - suffocates them and they die. And i never got them the couple of times my ex ended up with them during hunting season...

I was gonna say the same thing. Clear fingernail polish works.. dont spend the money on the chigger x

ashliekay711

yeah we went out looking for that stuff the other day, walmart was sold out and cvs didn't have any lol, just our luck i guess, but he did use clear fingernail polish, he said it helped...

vbailey

vbailey
You can get them from another person and even your pet if they come in from the woods with them still on their body. The are very tiny, you can hardly see them so if they are crawling on BF or Pet and you hug/love on them you can get them. I have gotten them from my hubby that way many times after he has been working outside.

limblips

PREMO Member

Chiggers DO NOT bury themselves in the skin! They inject a substance into the skin to help them get their meal. As an outdoor sportsman, I have had my share. The itching is a result of the bite (not immediatel usually the next day). No amount of nail polish or other "home remedies" will suffocate them since they are already gone. The itching can be controlled with topical ointments and such but is truly agonizing if infestation was bad. My worst case was after turkey hunting. I eventually had to go to the doc to get prescription stuff since they had found their way to areas of my body that were not scratchable in public! Here is a link to set the record straight. Harvest mite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia