Child Therapist

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Can anyone recommend a good child psychologist in the tri-county area? A friend of mine is looking for one and is coming up empty.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by jeneisen
Can anyone recommend a good child psychologist in the tri-county area? A friend of mine is looking for one and is coming up empty.

Sharon.

Put a kid in Sharon's room full of Glocks and the kid will straighten up real quick.

tastycakes

I would suggest asking the childs doctor. They will have a list of who would be covered under the insurance and may have a good idea of who to use and not to use. Hope this helps!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
'Center for Children' located in Waldorf.

Nanny Pam

Re: Re: Child Therapist

Originally posted by tastycakes
I would suggest asking the childs doctor. They will have a list of who would be covered under the insurance and may have a good idea of who to use and not to use. Hope this helps!

YO newbie~! :howdy:

I was laughing when I saw your name. I was "Tastycake" back in the days of CB radio. :lmao:

Yep...that was me... "tastycake... all the good things wrapped up in one."

Now it looks like I ate all the tastycakes. :ohwell:

tastycakes

Re: Re: Re: Child Therapist

Originally posted by Nanny Pam

I was laughing when I saw your name. I was "Tastycake" back in the days of CB radio. :lmao:

Yep...that was me... "tastycake... all the good things wrapped up in one."

Now it looks like I ate all the tastycakes. :ohwell:

It's a nickname I got as a kid and followed me through to adulthood. Kind of stuck with it so why not use it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Originally posted by SmallTown

Put a kid in Sharon's room full of Glocks and the kid will straighten up real quick.
You're damn skippy! :jet:

D

dutch6

I was "Tastycake" back in the days of CB radio. :lmao:
you must be as old as I am, or older.

tastycakes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Child Therapist

Originally posted by dutch6
you must be as old as I am, or older.

actually a great Aunt gave it to me and I think the actual Tastykakes are way older than me. : ) :blushing:

bbubblyb

Finding a child therapist in this area is TOUGH. I've had my nephew for a year now and it took me several months to find a decent therapist. How I went about things was I went online to his insurance company and did a search for therapists/psychatrists and then printed out the list. I then just started making calls. I bet I called a total of 20 places before finding one that had an opening and was nearby. I took him there and the woman was hard of hearing and her walls were like tissue paper and I could hear every word my nephew said to her so I'm sure he heard every word I said (I talked to her first) she's in leonardtown (don't want to give her name). So then I took him to another one down in st. mary's city and he is very nice and been in the business for 30 yrs he said. His name is Dr. Nutter (I know goes with the job huh? hehehe). Anyway, good luck.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

[/B]

I was "Bounty Hunter"....Breaker Breaker 19....What's your 10-20

billydog

Free counseling for SMCPS students

During the school year, the Evening Counseling Center is available to parents and students who attend St. Mary's County Public Schools. The Center is located at Leonardtown High School. The counseling is FREE, and the center is staffed by school psychologists. After Labor Day, call 301-475-0207 to leave a message or call during the hours of 3:30 - 7:30pm. Someone will call you back to set up an appointment. It is very difficult to find mental health services in this area. This is an excellent deal! Lots of success stories.

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
'Center for Children' located in Waldorf.

Center for children also has a office in hollywood, but I didn't have good experiences with either. There is Trico in hollywood, they are ok if the doctors would stay.

Trico- 301-862-4961