Chili Cook Off

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
thakidistight said:
Anyone going?

Anyone got extra tickets they would be willing to part with?

I'm going, :yahoo: but all my tickets are spoken for...if something comes up, I'll let ya know.

Did they sell out? I heard yesterday they were expecting to. :shrug:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
thakidistight said:
Anyone going?

Anyone got extra tickets they would be willing to part with?

Just checked ticketmaster.com. Tickets are still available. $30.00 each + $9.25 per ticket handling charge. You can do UPS shipping for $25.00 or willcall or no additional charge. You claim them the day of the show with the credit card you used to order them with and a picture ID.

lovinmaryland

The Bravery was just added last week.[/QUOTE]

i saw them at warp tour, seems like a pretty decent line up... is it an all ages show?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chili Cook Off is a good time - just be prepared for a lot of underage mayhem and the typical crowd surfing and drunk :barf:

:lmao:

lovinmaryland

virgovictoria said:
Chili Cook Off is a good time - just be prepared for a lot of underage mayhem and the typical crowd surfing and drunk :barf:

so basically warped tour... just not as many bands?

i went to the shamrock fest and that was total chaos.... way to many kids around a bunch of :alkies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
virgovictoria said:

I hope Kwillia doesn't show up this year..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
Forget it, then. I'll make my own chili.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
It's been a couple of years, so I can't say if much has changed. :shrug:

Would I pay to go downtown via Metro, walk x amount of blocks from Will Call on Saturday for a long ass event to stand in line to buy tickets to stand in another line to buy beverages and eat other folks' chili? Probably not - even with the attraction of great music. It's an all age event and ALL AGES attend - and I just don't have the love in me to wait all day in that environment to hear the better/best bands last (when all of the food is gone and you have to get stamped and walk 30 blocks to a restaurant).

But then, a few years ago, I would've. And it was cool. :cool:

vraiblonde said:
I had some really good chili there and stuff I wouldn't even call chili. Some of the presentations and side shows are fun. Girls squirting Maguaritas in your mouth etc. It's getting way too big though and I don't tolerate crowds well.

SarahPie

What did you think?

My dauther went... said that Minus one were good. etc. the newer bands, but there was also alot of country music... did she go to the same Chili Cookoff?!

She said it wasn't as crowded as she expected either.. she came all the way from Ocean City to go.