chin up bar..free weights...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
SO I am thinking about restarting my p90x..I have been working out more and think I am ready to start this now..only I want to do it with the real equipment..I tried it before with the excersise bands..and it sucked..i didnt feel like I was doing anything..and it just didnt work out.

So I need a chin up bar (one you dont have to mount) and some free weights. I know I could buy them..but I also know there are so many people who buy them then abandon them...so I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who is getting rid of them..for free or cheap-ish. I looked in the classifieds..and saw one set of weights..but it was far more than I needed..I simply need a few weights..like a set of 20's.....and a set of say...35's....and maybe a set of 10's. That should get me through...I have checked ebay..but the shipping for weights..is understandably high..They have em at walmart..but last time I checked they were like 2 bucks a pound...and a nice chin up bar... Any ideas? Someone has to want to contribute to a girl getting ripped..I know I would :)

ideas?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I would suggest looking in the classifieds. I'm in need of some weights myself. I need 15's and 25's for arms.

Oh - and if you have two small weights (8's or 7's) hold them together for combined weight.

warneckutz

SO I am thinking about restarting my p90x..I have been working out more and think I am ready to start this now..only I want to do it with the real equipment..I tried it before with the excersise bands..and it sucked..i didnt feel like I was doing anything..and it just didnt work out.

So I need a chin up bar (one you dont have to mount) and some free weights. I know I could buy them..but I also know there are so many people who buy them then abandon them...so I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who is getting rid of them..for free or cheap-ish. I looked in the classifieds..and saw one set of weights..but it was far more than I needed..I simply need a few weights..like a set of 20's.....and a set of say...35's....and maybe a set of 10's. That should get me through...I have checked ebay..but the shipping for weights..is understandably high..They have em at walmart..but last time I checked they were like 2 bucks a pound...and a nice chin up bar... Any ideas? Someone has to want to contribute to a girl getting ripped..I know I would :)

ideas?

Check with Pro Fitness for the weights...

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I have a chin up bar that hooks on the door frame that we no longer use. I bought a free standing chin up bar for the gym in the basement. $20.00 and it is yours.

As for weights, I buy all of mine from Dicks. They run $.89 a pound. Sometimes they run a sale on them for less.

dn0121

Good for you, Im going to start back up in January. The first time through went great and Im maintaining my weight loss. I borrowed the weights from a friend and used bands but I broke them. The door chin up bar worked great.

T

toppick08

I have a chin up bar that hooks on the door frame that we no longer use. I bought a free standing chin up bar for the gym in the basement. $20.00 and it is yours.

As for weights, I buy all of mine from Dicks. They run $.89 a pound. Sometimes they run a sale on them for less.

:yay:...........ask clevalley for further instructions......:lol:

muttdog

:yeahthat:I bought a set from dicks last year, ran from 5 lbs to combined weight of 50 lbs and two bars.

thurley42

HY;FR
:yeahthat:I bought a set from dicks last year, ran from 5 lbs to combined weight of 50 lbs and two bars.

I was at Dicks on Saturday and they have the pull up bars you hook into your door frames...i wouldn't think they were that expensive...

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
that's not expensive when you are buying home gym equipment...

No not at all.

I bought the Power Tower from Dicks for my basement gym. When I framed out my basement I used metal studs for three reasons. Moisture will never be an issue. The are straight as an arrow. And they are half the price of wood. So by doing this I can't use one of those over the door chin up bars. I had one for my bedroom and then when it was time to move downstairs I had to by something different.

So I bought this.
Weider 390 Power Tower - Dick's Sporting Goods

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

$20? I'll take it :buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
No not at all.

I bought the Power Tower from Dicks for my basement gym. When I framed out my basement I used metal studs for three reasons. Moisture will never be an issue. The are straight as an arrow. And they are half the price of wood. So by doing this I can't use one of those over the door chin up bars. I had one for my bedroom and then when it was time to move downstairs I had to by something different.

So I bought this.
Weider 390 Power Tower - Dick's Sporting Goods

I built a pull up bar and bolted it to the floor joists in my basement. Solid as a rock :yay: I'm doing metal in my basement too, but my gym area is going to be unfinished for awhile longer.