China cashes in on America's coronavirus lockdown

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
China’s economy is getting a boost from soaring demand for tech products that make it easier and more efficient for Americans to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to economists at one Wall Street bank.

Tech shipments from China soared 37% from a year earlier in the April-through-June quarter, contributing 2.4 percentage points to the country’s overall export growth of 2%, wrote William Deng and Tao Wang, Hong Kong-based economists at investment bank UBS.

SamSpade

For good or ill - the pandemic has taught the entire nation a handful of lessons and one is that with the advent of the Internet, we can easily do without a lot of things, and the easiest one is - businesses that rely on information DO NOT need people to be in the office, physically.

Others - entertainment and sports must be compelling - why just show up? Movies? Feh. Give me a reason to show up. TV? Ditto. I have Netflix - I don't need your sorry offerings. Make it better or do something else. Restaurants? Please. If your takeout isn't any better than your service, count me out.

Schools? Seriously, if at home schools are just as good as teaching in person, who needs you? Step up your own damned game or join the ranks of obsolete stuff like Blockbuster.