Chores Make Men Happier

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Chores Make Men Happier - Men who help around the house have better sense of well-being: study

(Newser) – Researchers at Cambridge University may have just discovered the secret to happiness, at least for men: Do more chores. Men from seven European countries were found to have an improved sense of well-being and work-life balance, as well as less work-life conflict, if they helped more around the house, the Telegraph reports. Researchers were expecting women to be happier when their partners shouldered more of the load, but found that it made basically no difference to them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, gents, this nagging about chores is not about us - we couldn't care less. We are only looking after you and your well-being. :love:

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Woman don't care.

She just wants to biatch to somebody and you happen to be in the same room. It also just so happens that the next room over isn't clean...so chores come up.

Chores makes people happier - what crock a' sh!t!

:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Woman don't care.

She just wants to biatch to somebody and you happen to be in the same room. It also just so happens that the next room over isn't clean...so chores come up.

Chores makes people happier - what crock a' sh!t!

:killingme

So you think you're smarter than a group of scientists who have specifically studied this issue, been given grant money and everything?

CrashTest

Tell your wife that being married to her is a chore. When she puts you in the dog house, show her this B.S. study to shut her up.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
It is the epitome of joy, a nirvana that defies description, to scrub my toilets, do the laundry, dust, vacuum, clean the kitchen, wash this that and everything else. I have had this unique transcendent experience all to myself for over 8 years. My cup overfloweth.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
So you think you're smarter than a group of scientists who have specifically studied this issue, been given grant money and everything?

HA!

Absolutely!

Why?...you might ask.

Because, I'd rather do more meaningful activities. I like to eat with clean dishes, so I clean the dishes. So, I'm happier with clean dishes, but not due to my aaaalllll enjoyable act of cleaning them. ...and Viola!

You see what I did there?...I used common sense sprinkled with a little sarcasm...

Must have been some of those women scientists that don't use common sense...
:poke:

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree with the premise but, not the wording.

The sense of well being does not, repeat, does not, come from 'doing' chores. It comes from completing a chore. We enjoying 'doing' hobbies. We enjoy 'getting' tasks done.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is so man-like to parse words and manipulate outcome. So far it has been agreed that completion of chores results in happiness, yes? And in order to complete chores and achieve happiness, one must put forth some effort in the completion process? Therefore doing chores does fact result in happiness.

What makes us unhappy is when we partially complete a chore, for example only putting clothes in to wash and then forgetting all about them until they turn black with mildew and we then have the chore of either re-washing them or throwing them away and buying new clothes.

Not pointing any fingers here but you know who you are.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is so man-like to parse words and manipulate outcome. So far it has been agreed that completion of chores results in happiness, yes? And in order to complete chores and achieve happiness, one must put forth some effort in the completion process? Therefore doing chores does fact result in happiness.

What makes us unhappy is when we partially complete a chore, for example only putting clothes in to wash and then forgetting all about them until they turn black with mildew and we then have the chore of either re-washing them or throwing them away and buying new clothes.

Not pointing any fingers here but you know who you are.

A. Men like to do chores

B. Men like to have chores done.

There is NO parsing. That is two VERY different things.

A. Men like to eat less.

B. Men like looking good.

Two very different things.

I will grant you that there may be men who DO like to do chores and DO like to diet. However, there are far more men who prefer accomplishment to effort in areas, chores and diet being two, that the result is something we like a WHOLE lot more than the doing.

Again, we ENJOY the doing when it comes to hobbies and even projects at work we dig. In fact, if you look at most guys hobbies, there often isn't much in the way of accomplishment; it IS the doing.

Distinction with a difference. A big one.