Chris Cornell

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
So I'm listening to my XM and up pops "Chris Cornell Billie Jean". To my surprise, it was lyrically faithful to Jackson, but in Cornell's style. I've never heard it before, but it was cool.

I liked Soundgarden, but was never a fan per se. I like Audioslave more and I've realized I think Cornell's tortured, longing style is awesome.

Anyway, does anyone know when/why he covered "Billie Jean"?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
To each his own...

hvp05 said:
:shrug: I wouldn't think to cover an MJ song either... but I liked it.

...I'm just trying to imagine the guy who wrote 'Outshined' contemplating covering MJ.

:lmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
hvp05 said:
So I'm listening to my XM and up pops "Chris Cornell Billie Jean". To my surprise, it was lyrically faithful to Jackson, but in Cornell's style. I've never heard it before, but it was cool.

I liked Soundgarden, but was never a fan per se. I like Audioslave more and I've realized I think Cornell's tortured, longing style is awesome.

Anyway, does anyone know when/why he covered "Billie Jean"?
I have no answers - I just LOVE Chris Cornell.. Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave and Solo. :larry:

Did I mention that I LOVE Chris Cornell? :yay: :yay:

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Chris Cornell's great. I heard him sing the Audioslave song "Wide Awake" live on the radio once, and it was just mind-blowing. Such a powerful voice.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
DotTheEyes said:
Chris Cornell's great. I heard him sing the Audioslave song "Wide Awake" live on the radio once, and it was just mind-blowing. Such a powerful voice.
He's my weak spot... There are a couple of others, but his voice and eyes are :atalossforwords: :yay: