Christmas 2020

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Since Flat Iron isn't doing their Christmas thing this year, I thought maybe others can post some alternatives here...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was going to mention this. The sign over on Solomons also said advanced ticketing.

Solomon's Christmas Walk.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There's a place on Route 5 right past Callaway I think. Big beautiful brick house sits way off the road. I've mentioned this before - he has little "islands" of trees that he keeps landscaped. I think he has religious statutes on them now but at Christmas he puts lights and all kinds of stuff out. Really pretty. That whole little stretch of road is really nice. Joe and I go and get a fancy hot chocolate somewhere and stop there on the shoulder every year for years now. Oh. and the funeral home in Leonardtown Mattingly Gardner I think - beautiful nativity every year.
Rt 5 NB on the right? I think I know which one you speak. It is pretty. I had no idea about Mattingly's. Thx!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
There's a place on Route 5 right past Callaway I think. Big beautiful brick house sits way off the road. I've mentioned this before - he has little "islands" of trees that he keeps landscaped. I think he has religious statutes on them now but at Christmas he puts lights and all kinds of stuff out. Really pretty. That whole little stretch of road is really nice. Joe and I go and get a fancy hot chocolate somewhere and stop there on the shoulder every year for years now. Oh. and the funeral home in Leonardtown Mattingly Gardner I think - beautiful nativity every year.
there's a couple along that road now that have some unique light displays in their oversized front yards. But I think the one you're describing is also one of my favorites! this is when I miss Holiday time in New England. Decorating your house with classic lights is a huge deal and adding it to the already beautiful home architecture you find up there.... just timeless. :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Oh I bet it is. It's been forever since I lived up that way but I can remember one house in Connecticut - dormer windows all over - just one simple candle in each window all over the house - simple wreath on the door and snow. It was just perfect.
It's really all you need in my opinion! We now live in a classic brick colonial and while it's a little cookie-cutter-ish, the single candles and window wreaths would look amazing and I'm so excited to finally live in a house again where I can put those up. I just finally bought some to (make my husband) hang up once we return from Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry but I loathe those tacky blow-up yard giant thingies :razz:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member