Christmas car?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Unless the economy tanks even further, we plan on getting the daughter a new Camero for Christmas/Birthday present (birthday is 12 Dec) on her 17th.
That will give her a year of driving for us to see how responsible she is going to be before putting her in her own car.

Until then, she drives the Dually.

I hope you let her drive race car for that year so she understands the power that that car has.

According to Edmunds.com

A trio of engines sees duty in the F-350 Super Duty: the standard 5.4-liter V8 (300 horsepower and 365 pound-feet of torque), an optional 6.8-liter V10 (362 hp and 457 lb-ft) and the 6.4-liter Power Stroke turbodiesel V8 (350 hp and 650 lb-ft.) Transmission choices consist of a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic. Buyers can choose either two- or four-wheel drive across the board except on the Cabela's trim, which is 4WD only.

According to AutomotiveAddicts.com

What will it be, the 2011 Camaro V6 RS with 312hp, 29mpg hwy and a price of around $23,000… or will it be the Camaro SS with 426hp, 24mpg hwy and a price of around $34,000? Decisions decisions!

Not my business but these new Camaros have a lot written about them being fairly dangerous for the teens...just as the Mustangs are. A lot of HP in a light body.

Exactly .... big difference when it comes to weight.

F350 - empty title curb weight is 6,000-8,000 lb.

Chevy Camaro - Curb weight3,750 lb (1,700 kg)

Okay..you can use your dually and I'll take the 6 banger camaro and see who's off the line first..that's the point. The butt end of a dually is going to be fairly stable because of the weight.

Not to mention it will hold up better in a crash then a camaro will. :shrug: