Christmas dinner side dish

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
FH's job (contractor) has floating holidays between TG and Christmas, so he will be using his and going down to his parents in FL this weekend. I'm not able to get that much time off during the height of our busy season, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm actually glad to not be taking a trip over TG weekend.

Anyhoo, it will be just Thing1 and I for Thanksgiving dinner, as Thing2 will be on duty. I'm going to roast a turkey breast, and for sides I'm making a quinoa/wild rice mix, roasted Brussels Sprouts (with black cherry balsamic vinegar), and homemade cranberry sauce. For dessert, I'm making a cherry cobbler using frozen cherries. Home made and easy-peasy. I'll get some vanilla ice cream or gelato to have with it.

I won't be slaving all day and we'll still have some leftovers for the weekend!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyhoo, it will be just Thing1 and I for Thanksgiving dinner, as Thing2 will be on duty. I'm going to roast a turkey breast, and for sides I'm making a quinoa/wild rice mix, roasted Brussels Sprouts (with black cherry balsamic vinegar), and homemade cranberry sauce. For dessert, I'm making a cherry cobbler using frozen cherries. Home made and easy-peasy. I'll get some vanilla ice cream or gelato to have with it.

I thought about getting a turkey breast and doing it in the air fryer but probably won't because we'd have to eat on it for the next year. Maybe Whataburger will be open.....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I thought about getting a turkey breast and doing it in the air fryer but probably won't because we'd have to eat on it for the next year. Maybe Whataburger will be open.....
I got the smallest one I could find - 6 lbs! I'll have it for sammies over the weekend and then maybe turkey soup on Sunday. :yay:

I had a thought.... I make turkey, or at least turkey parts, throughout the year, so going thru the hassle of making a traditional turkey just isn't something I need to do. Think I'm going to get ground turkey and make a meatloaf, with a bread stuffing filling. Much less mess, and still good leftover sandwiches.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looking likely that I’ll be in Egypt for Christmas. Bet they really put out some fancy chow for Christmas....

BTW, was anyone aware that you can get Reese's Peanut Butter whipped topping in a can? Right next to the whipped cream cans....

Dangerous....