Christmas Light Are Racist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

After a Minnesota nurse who works with patients in a coronavirus ward put up Christmas lights on her home, an anonymous neighbor left her a letter chastising her because the lights represented “a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own.”

Kim Hunt, who lives in St. Anthony, Minnesota, received the letter, which stated:

I couldn’t help but notice your Christmas light display. During these unprecedented times we have all experienced challenges which casual words just don’t describe what we’re feeling. The idea of twinkling, colorful lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society, a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own.
We must do the work of educating ourselves about the harmful impact an outward facing display like yours can have. I challenge you to respect the dignity of all people, while striving to learn from differences, ideas, and opinions of our neighbors. We must come together collectively and challenge these institutional inequities; St. Anthony is a community welcoming of all people and we must demand better of ourselves.

COVID Ward Nurse Puts Up Christmas Lights At Home, Gets Letter Saying They’re A ‘Reminder Of Systemic Biases’

Hijinx

Until someone has the guts to tell these people to STFU, this kind of BS crap will continue.

I kind of wonder if the idiot that wrote that letter had the courage to sign it.
If so I would be happy to tell the writer to go do a sexual act to herself.

herb749

I kind of wonder if the idiot that wrote that letter had the courage to sign it.
If so I would be happy to tell the writer to go do a sexual act to herself.

With more people at home all the time they have more time for this kind of crap. Likely didn't sign it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'd love to find the person who wrote the letter, and in the dead of the night, have everyone who got one of those letters wire help in putting up the most ostentatious light display possible on the letter-writer's home.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It would appear that the letter writer is claiming the light displayer is showing some sort of privilege as opposed to claiming the person is a racist. No mention of black & brown people in the letter or even a hint of race.

Rommey

The idea of twinkling, colorful lights are a reminder of divisions that continue to run through our society, a reminder of systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas or who can’t afford to put up lights of their own.
Let's look at the two parts I bolded:
Perceived problem: systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas
OK, so if that's is their issue, then how does the second part (who can’t afford to put up lights of their own) fit in? So IF these neighbors could afford lights and put them up, they would be offending the person based on the first part.

It's like when you say "Merry Christmas" and someone gets offended instead of accepting the greeting in the spirit it usually is intended. If a Jewish person says "Happy Hanukkah" to me, I accept it in the spirit to which they intended and don't get upset because I'm not Jewish.

PeoplesElbow

You laugh, but my ex from long island use to out all sorts of Christmas decorations to spite the Jewish neighbors and they would put out Hannakah decorations to spite her.

Honestly I never saw so much pettiness between the Jews and Italians. The only time they got along was when blacks were involved.

Hijinx

Perceived problem: systemic biases against our neighbors who don’t celebrate Christmas
OK, so if that's is their issue, then how does the second part (who can’t afford to put up lights of their own) fit in? So IF these neighbors could afford lights and put them up, they would be offending the person based on the first part.

It's like when you say "Merry Christmas" and someone gets offended instead of accepting the greeting in the spirit it usually is intended. If a Jewish person says "Happy Hanukkah" to me, I accept it in the spirit to which they intended and don't get upset because I'm not Jewish.

If I say Merry Christmas and someone is offended they can go and Eff themselves.

Hijinx

I'm lazy so I say Happy Holidays to cover all the bases.

It wouldn't be a Holiday if not for the birth of Christ.
Oh! They have tried to ignore that fact by calling it a winter holiday and other such tripe, but not very successfully.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It wouldn't be a Holiday if not for the birth of Christ.
Oh! They have tried to ignore that fact by calling it a winter holiday and other such tripe, but not very successfully.
There would still be Hanukkah for the Jews. If if Blacks want to create their own holiday to celebrate their African heritage, whom am I to judge. Hell, if the pagans want to celebrate winter solstice, good for them.

Hijinx

There would still be Hanukkah for the Jews. If if Blacks want to create their own holiday to celebrate their African heritage, whom am I to judge. Hell, if the pagans want to celebrate winter solstice, good for them.

I agree I don't care what they celebrate, Just stop trying to phuck up my Holiday

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Of course it could be a jew, (zionist), that wrote the letter. Seeing as they hate Christians and that fellow Jesus Christ, and in fact had him killed. They hate Christians so much that in the early 1900's the Bolshevik jews, (zionists), who had engineered the Russian Revolution (1917) and had managed to kill, murder, tortured, desecrated, starved, the bodies in the process, some 66 million white Russian Christians. As well as over 25,000 Orthodox priests were imprisoned and 16,000 were killed, for their Christian faith. Speaking of a Holocaust!

To this day, Christians all over the world are still being killed, and churches destroyed. Funny tough. I haven't heard of any Christian groups running around yelling jihad, or killing others. Unlike the jews, (zionist), murdering people in other countries, and of course Palestinian children, and, certain Islamic sects. Christians appear to be pretty much a peaceful bunch welcoming all into the fold of the Church and its teachings. Unlike the jews.

Hanukkah, by the way, is a relatively minor jewish holiday. Also, I really highly doubt that a jew would say Happy Hanukkah to a non-jew, aka, goyim.