Christmas Spread

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Smoked turkey..stuffed ham..salt-cured country ham..spiral cut sugar ham..goose breast..pork tenderloin...venison backstrap...duck if we got a couple...

oh..and some kinda veggies, of course.:whistle:

I make the Christmas meal a meat-glutton's dream.

wineo

loving life
Smoked turkey..stuffed ham..salt-cured country ham..spiral cut sugar ham..goose breast..pork tenderloin...venison backstrap...duck if we got a couple...

oh..and some kinda veggies, of course.:whistle:

I make the Christmas meal a meat-glutton's dream.

save me some of the Old Ham:drool: I did get much of that anymore......:buddies:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I freakin love you! :lmao:

I ordered one from Nicks one year and I was not impressed w/ the quality. Normally they trim most of the fat off and just leave a small cap. Theirs was super fatty. I swear I cut off a full pound of it.

I normally get them from Safeway now.

Nomoney I thought you were referrring to restuarants. If you are talking about picking one up I would hit Safeway. The week or so before Christmas they have them for $4.99 or so a pound. Look for good marbeling on both ends. :yay:

Hubby tried to get some filet on sale from Nick's just the other day and it had so much fat on it, the meat left over after trimming would have wound up being ridiculously expensive. He gave them an earful and walked out empty-handed, went straight to BJ's and bought a beautiful filet with a lot less fat on it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'd love to do the Feast of the 7 Fishes, but usually just wind up having sushi and lasagna. :lol: Otherwise, that's way to much food for two people.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Rib Roast and Yorkshire pudding. :drool: Always the same at my Mom's home and no complaints. I again get to make my lumpy mashed just like Thanksgiving.

My Gammie's Christmas was leg of lamb stuffed with garlic and seasoned well, roasted taters and carrots, and my favorite: roasted asparagus served on buttered toast points.

I do love lamb and will buy it when I find it on sale.