Christmas Spread

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You know other than barefoot contessa most recipes I get always need a little tweaking. I always follow them to the T first go around and then fix as needed.

Let me know how it turns out. It sounds like it will be very unique and memorable Christmas meal :yay:

I tweak a recipe as I go. :lol: I think BG's meal sounds yummy. I knew I should have bought that fondue pot I saw on sale. :ohwell:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not sure who will be over for Christmas. In years past, I always had the Christmas feed-on at my house, but this year my sister and I traded Thanksgiving for Christmas, so she has the big shabang this time around.

So, the shabu shabu/fondue thing will be for nine of us, I think.

Oh, and I have absolutely no problem trying out new recipes for the first time on guests. I can't hardly thing of a time where I didn't do that. My risks always seem to turn out great. :lol:

I don't think it is possible for you to make a bad dish. :smile:

If you mean prepared and served, no place around here meets my approval. If you happen to be in Charlottesville VA, stop at the Aberdeen. :yay: There's also one down in Williamsburg. They make a great prime rib.

*burp*

Just came from there. As always, great atmosphere, excellent wait staff, excellent food. Everything that everyone ordered was done exactly the way it was requested and not one complaint from 8 of us.

My prime rib was rare, with a great aus jus, and fresh grated horseradish. Tender, juicy, delicious. Man, I wish they had a restaurant closer to home.