Christmas Tree Opossum Surprises Pa. Teen

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ENGLEWOOD, Pa. - Mary Kathleen O'Connor, 16, doing some studying for school about 6 a.m. Tuesday, said she was the first to be startled by an apparent Christmas tree stowaway.

"I'm looking at the tree and the angel just pops off," she said. "And a second later, this head just popped up. The eyes were, like, glowing. I was thinking, 'Oh my God!' And I screamed."

Other family members came running. "We looked at it and I thought it might have been a fake," said her father, Michael O'Connor, a Frackville attorney. "But then it moved its head. And I thought 'Holy Jeez. We're in trouble.'"

O'Connor called police, and William E. O'Donnell, a state Game Commission deputy wildlife conservation officer, removed an 18-inch-long opossum from the 8-foot Douglas fir the family had bought, bundled, from a dealer in Seltzer.

O'Donnell caged the animal and released it in woods about five miles away.

The tree, meanwhile, was still in the front yard where Patricia had hurled it. "The lights are still on it," Michael O'Connor said. "So is the stand."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

V

Vixen

rack'm said:
It just cracks me up that people call the cops for a wild critter. :killingme :killingme

Reading about it is one thing, answer the call at the police station is entirely different. It is hard not to laugh or make a smirk comment.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
rack'm said:
:lmao: I bet....:killingme

hey go get your uncle he usually eats these kinda of things

Christmas Vacation the cat and then the squirrel I am laughing just thinking about it. :killingme

Finally some good Christmas news or is that The Holiday formely Known as Christmas :lmao:

rack'm

Jaded
Dougstermd said:
hey go get your uncle he usually eats these kinda of things

Christmas Vacation the cat and then the squirrel I am laughing just thinking about it. :killingme

Finally some good Christmas news or is that The Holiday formely Known as Christmas :lmao:

Hey now, you leave Uncle Clem out of this here discussion...:boxing:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do not believe this story. It's impossible to bring home and decorate a tree without realizing there is a possum in it. Obviously the possum got in their house and took up residence AFTER the tree was set up.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
vraiblonde said:
I do not believe this story. It's impossible to bring home and decorate a tree without realizing there is a possum in it. Obviously the possum got in their house and took up residence AFTER the tree was set up.

:yeahthat: Probably through the hole in the floor. :hrmph:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
vraiblonde said:

Its real I seen the same thing in a movie with Chevy Chase and a squirrel :smack: