CIA Warned of Attack 6 Years Before 9/11

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON - Six years before the Sept. 11 attacks, the CIA warned in a classified report that Islamic extremists likely would strike on U.S. soil at landmarks in Washington or New York, or through the airline industry, according to intelligence officials.

Though hauntingly prescient, the CIA's 1995 National Intelligence Estimate did not yet name Osama bin Laden as a terrorist threat.

But within months the intelligence agency developed enough concern about the wealthy, Saudi-born militant to create a specific unit to track him and his followers, the officials told The Associated Press.
The rest of the story...

Gee, I wonder WHO was president in 1995.... :duh:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Who's to blame for doing nothing to stop 9/11? Liberals blame Bush, conservatives blame Clinton. Neither side can agree on what the facts are, because each side has a different view of the truth.

I say, let's blame it on Carrot Top and Gallagher, just to satisfy both sides' need for a scapegoat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Tonio
I say, let's blame it on Carrot Top and Gallagher, just to satisfy both sides' need for a scapegoat.
I say people get their facts straight and learn to think for themselves. It annoys me when the Dems make accusations and the Republicans correct the record, only to have certain people *ahem* disregard both as a "partisan attack". It's like all these supposed "attack ads" Bush is doing. All they talk about is Kerry's voting record, which is completely and freely available to the public. If people were smart enough to get information for themselves, Bush wouldn't HAVE to put out ads educating voters about Kerry's record.