Cissie

W

Wenchy

:howdy: I am posting this for my aunt until her registration on the forums has gone through. She will be making a move soon from Texas to Massachussetts, and needs to find loving homes for two of her beloved polo ponies. She mentioned that they are "special needs". She can tell you more when she gets online. My memories of my aunt, are first and foremost, her love of horses. She would take me out to the stables in SC and let me "nose" around the barns and fields. Great memories.

I recommended this forum to her, and I hope you will not bash her.

She is a computer doofus, but here's some information about her that I googled. :lol:

Katherine (Cissy) Jones
Field Director

Katherine T. “Cissie” Jones is a polo-playing mother of two boys. She has been in and around polo since she was ten years old. She first learned to ride Polo Ponies at Wildwood Polo and Riding School in Columbia, S.C. when the girls showed and fox hunted the ponies, while the boys played polo and the girls watched and worked the games. After graduating from the University of South Carolina with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Education, Cissie played and taught tennis professionally. As soon as she could, she went back to her first love, POLO.

Cissie was taught to train ponies and to stick & ball by such polo greats as Louis Smith and “Pete” Bostwick. She played in her first polo game at twenty-eight and by the age of thirty-five was one of the world’s top rated women players handicapped at 2 goals. Polo has been her “passport” to the world representing the U. S. in tournaments in Argentina and Jamaica as well as playing at clubs all over the United States.

For the last fifteen years, while managing Polo clubs throughout the Southeast, and now Brushy Creek, Cissie’s main passion has been teaching and coaching aspiring polo players. She is proudest of her favorite student, her son Will, who was a National Interscholastic Tournament winner in high school, and is rated "2" goal at Texas Tech University in his second year.

The Polo Training Foundation believes Cissie is an important addition to the PTF team. By adding her experience in polo, her love of teaching, and her commitment to the sport, the PTF hopes to do even more to promote junior polo and “The Future of Polo in America.”

Attachments

• Cissie.jpg
    Cissie.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 122

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:howdy:
Wenchy said:
:howdy: I am posting this for my aunt until her registration on the forums has gone through. She will be making a move soon from Texas to Massachussetts, and needs to find loving homes for two of her beloved polo ponies. She mentioned that they are "special needs". She can tell you more when she gets online. My memories of my aunt, are first and foremost, her love of horses. She would take me out to the stables in SC and let me "nose" around the barns and fields. Great memories.

I recommended this forum to her, and I hope you will not bash her.

She is a computer doofus, but here's some information about her that I googled. :lol:

Your Aunt Cissie will get a warm welcome I am sure! Look forward to see her posts. :howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Cissie said:
I am moving to Ipswich, MA. Can only take a few horses and need to place 2 of my retirees.
You're related to Wenchy??

Never would of thought it, you're so much better looking..