Cities that use to have pro franchises

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
These are some of the cities I think of when people mention 'small market' teams. The Oorang Indians from La Rue, OH; population 747.

NBA
Anderson, IN
Waterloo, IA
Providence, RI
Sheboygan, WI
Fort Wayne, IN
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY

NFL

PeoplesElbow

I think it was a bit different back then, anyone who wanted to start a pro team could. Probably a lot like the league that that southern maryland blue crabs, technically they are a pro team.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
These are some of the cities I think of when people mention 'small market' teams. The Oorang Indians from La Rue, OH; population 747.

NBA
Anderson, IN
Waterloo, IA
Providence, RI
Sheboygan, WI
Fort Wayne, IN
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY

NFL

You left out Tampa - we used to have a pro team.....

BOP

San Diego soon won't have a pro football team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...akland-raiders-joint-stadium-plan-los-angeles

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders announced Thursday that they have collaborated on a proposal to build a privately financed, $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, California, that the two teams would share if they relocate to the Los Angeles market.

In a joint statement, the Chargers and Raiders said they have been working for many years in their home markets to find stadium solutions and that they remain committed throughout 2015 to try to seek publicly acceptable solutions to the stadium issues in their current cities.

The Chargers have been chomping at the bit to move out of San Diego for at least since the last time I lived in San Diego, almost 15 years ago, and probably much longer than that, so "working to find stadium solutions in their current city" is an out-and-out lie.