Classic moves by politicians

SmallTown

Football season!
During campaign season (and whenever they want to reach the "common folks"), politicians always do certain things.. Going to a local "blue collar business", shaking heads with everyone they see, the whole kissing baby routine.. What is the most "classic" example of this behavior?

My pick is when they show up for a meet-and-greet or have an interview discussing the "comman man", they love to show up in flannel shirts.. Normally with the predominant color being blue, sometimes green... They put away the Armani suit for a day and think people will relate to them better..

K

Kain99

So your saying this behavior is all just fake? :confused: :smile:

But seriously, what do you think about President Bush and the Blue Jeans and Cowboy boots?

So far, I've kinda bought it.

SmallTown

Football season!
They always do things a little different in Texas ..

"Texas?? Only steers and queers come from texas private cowboy, and you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.."

I loved the show where they had bushy on TV and I guess he was at some sort of tailor getting fitted.. Talking about his "Texas cut" t-shirt with the extra long tail so that it stays tucked in.. The guy is like 4'2", he could put a napkin across his shoulders and keep it tucked in :smile:

SmallTown

Football season!
OMG!! see what I mean!! Might not be actual flannel, but you get the idea.. AND he had is picture snapped shaking hands with a little boy.. and a minority at that... Work it Parris, Work it!!!

hp1-9-03p.jpg

K

Kain99

Total scum! Ya just know, that he was carrying a bottle of that no water antibacterial soap..... Scrubbing away everytime he got the chance. :frown:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Kain99

But seriously, what do you think about President Bush and the Blue Jeans and Cowboy boots?

Like Jimmy Carter, I get the impression he would MUCH rather dress casually than anything else. I used to know a guy who frequently ran into W during his dad's campaign, in the 80's and 90's - the jeans guy is probably more him than anything.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by SmallTown
The guy is like 4'2", he could put a napkin across his shoulders and keep it tucked in :smile:

He's 5'11 - which would make him taller than average, and taller than a number of people on here that I know.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I watched a show on PBS the other night about sandwiches. (Well what else am I supposed to watch on Wednsday night?) Anyway, they were talking about specialty sandwiches from different places all over the country. In Philly, there are these two famous cheesesteak places practically right across the street from each other. So, I told my Dad (in Philly) about this this morning, and he said that whenever there are campaigns, the politicains HAVE to go to the sandwich shops. They can't just go to one, they have to go to both, to avoid alientating either group, because there is a fierce rivalry, and each shop has their fans.
Philly's a tough town.