Classic TV Shows

Just chillin' today, watching tv. Comet TV on 7.3. Classic scifi shows that are so bad they are good, like SuperCar, Stingray, Fireball XL5 and ThunderBirds, the marionette 60s shows filmed in "Supermarionation" !! :jet:

Interesting how the crew of the Stingray all work for W.A.S.P. (World Aquanaut Security Patrol) and the most diverse of the main characters has a southern or German accent, not another race to be seen other than white, but we didn't know any different back then. It was just an adventure show.

I watch Star Trek in the evening on Heros and Icons TV. Star Trek, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Discovery, all one after the other. Well, ok, I quit after DS9, really never liked Voyager and Discovery.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Several months ago I ran through a lot of My Favorite Martian and Dennis the Menace.

GregV814

Do you Mayberry fans remember the episode when the freedom riders from New York (en route to Selma) stopped by wally’s Fillin station for a pop and Barney shot the Jewish feller??? Is was an odd choice for show, but topical for 1964.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Damn. Actually found something worth watching tonight.

A channel labeled INSPHD is running How the West Was Won with James Arness.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I was a big fan of Hill Street Blues back in the day. Watching it now is telling with things like pay phones and people smoking at roll call.

GregV814

Well, I can say with 100% assurance that Barney Miller was the most accurate police show. Even though is was a comedy, I can identify with every character as someone I worked with.