Clean up the NHL

Peter Forsberg

Hey Mario you want to clean up the NHL start with your own team! Matt Cooke gets 10 game suspension plus he misses the 1st round of the playoffs for his dirtball play.

BuddyLee

Football addict
My point is Mario is a Hypocrite. He complains about his son getting hurt with a dirty hit but his team has the biggest dirtball in the NHL.

Doesn't sound like a hypocrite to me. He's mentioned this not only about Crosby but about other players. He's an owner looking to protect his investments. If he really didn't care about player safety he would have a problem with Cooke's suspension as he's a clear, out-spoken owner. Hell, this suspension puts a serious damper on Pittsburgh's first round playoff hopes. If anything Mario is making the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of the NHL product.

I'm no fan of Pittsburgh but it is what it is.

Baz

This. ------------------>
This is exactly the sort of suspension the Penguins have been calling for in this situation. Mario's certainly acknowledged that the Penguins themselves would be punished by this sort of enforcement, yet still led the charge in trying to get headshots taken out of the game.

While it's going to be a tougher 1st round without Cooke, he deserved this suspension.

So now that the precedence has been set, I'm interested to see if the NHL has set this as it's consistent policy regarding headshots and repeat offenders.

The NHL has never had any consistency whatsoever in the past regarding suspensions, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

JoeR

Doesn't sound like a hypocrite to me. He's mentioned this not only about Crosby but about other players. He's an owner looking to protect his investments. If he really didn't care about player safety he would have a problem with Cooke's suspension as he's a clear, out-spoken owner. Hell, this suspension puts a serious damper on Pittsburgh's first round playoff hopes. If anything Mario is making the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of the NHL product.

I'm no fan of Pittsburgh but it is what it is.

Don't waste your breath BuddyLee. Forsberg is a total Penguin hater so anything you say will fall on deaf ears. As a life long Pens fan I also applaud the Pens mgmt and coaches in their statements about the suspension. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pens cut him loose after the season. Then he'll sign with the Flyers and become the greatest enforcer in the league in someones eyes! :whistle:

Peter Forsberg

Don't waste your breath BuddyLee. Forsberg is a total Penguin hater so anything you say will fall on deaf ears. As a life long Pens fan I also applaud the Pens mgmt and coaches in their statements about the suspension. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pens cut him loose after the season. Then he'll sign with the Flyers and become the greatest enforcer in the league in someones eyes! :whistle:
How is Crosby's finger is he going to make it back this season?