• Use a cleaning company, while home!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Use a cleaning company, while away!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Do not use a cleaning company!

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

sm8

I was just curious how cleaning companies work? I was thinking about having a company come out and do a one time spring cleaning but am not sure how comfortable I would be about having someone I do not know in my house while I am away.

Last edited:

dawnifer

I worked for *****Maids and I'll tell you, if i paid a couple hundred dollars for someone to come clean my house, I'd be angry about it. They do a rush job. If two people can do it in an hour than you can do it in 2. The cleaning they do is minimal, basically the stuff i do before i go to bed at night. Your best bet is to hire a freelancer who is bonded. Someone working for themselves is more likely to do it how you want it, and do it well. I couldnt believe what passed for "mopping" with the franchise cleaners. Gross. I quit after two weeks.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I was just curious how cleaning companies work? I was thinking about having a company come out and do a one time spring cleaning but am not sure how comfortable I would be about having someone I do not know in my house while I am away.

Have a friend or co worker refer you to someone; preferably a licensed and bonded company. Back when I could afford it, there were several individuals the did an excellent job and one that did not. In fact, the last one was stealing and eating my food. I specifically told anyone that cleaned for me to NOT go in the pantry or fridge and that the ONLY thing to do in the kitchen was the floor. Some people have cleaners do the fridge and laundry- I was not interested in that at all.
In the past, there have been a couple of companies mentioned on the forums that sounded really god. And one company that kept promoting themselves that, well, I'll let you decide if they chime in and tell you how great they are!

luvscats

I agree with the previous responders. Hire a fidependent person who is bonded, insured. Someone recommended by family or friends. Get references.

Keep your valuables locked up. Photograph items in your house in case you have to ID them if they do get stolen.

I used the M******* Maids services and had small items disappear but couldn't prove anything, poor workmanship. Find an arrangement where you'll have the same person come in your house each time and that you deal only with that person for your contract, fees charged, tasks to be completed and that same person will do the work.

Even then I still felt uneasy having someone I didn't know or trust come in to my home but at times I really needed the extra help.