Clear hair dye

Rileyc

Has anyone had any experience with clear hair dye? I have loonngg natural light blonde hair, I LOVE my color and I don't want to change the color but I'm interested in getting more shine. I know hair dye has come along way and isn't as damaging as it once was, but I've never dyed my hair what so ever and wanted to know if anyone has tried it??

DEEKAYPEE8569

Has anyone had any experience with clear hair dye? I have loonngg natural light blonde hair, I LOVE my color and I don't want to change the color but I'm interested in getting more shine. I know hair dye has come along way and isn't as damaging as it once was, but I've never dyed my hair what so ever and wanted to know if anyone has tried it??

I didn't know there was such a thing as "clear" hair dye.

All you want is more shine? Try clarifying shampoo's; or one of the Pantene shampoo's. One of them might be what you're looking for; maybe a certain type/brand of hairspray; one with mink oil in it? :shrug:

Rileyc

I read that it helps control frizz and kinda seals the hair folicles... ??? My hair is super thick, I feel like it just doen't have that sleek look :(

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
you could probably go to a salon and get a glaze in your own haircolor..or perhaps just a clarifying shampoo. or a professional treatment or two would bring some shine back

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It's Curly/Wavy but it straightens in a snap :)

The girl that does my hair has beautifully shiney hair. Hers is naturally curly and a little on the course side. She uses Aquage (sp?) products.

Mine is wavy but very fine so it's naturally shiney with little help. I do typically use a leave in conditioner since it's color treated.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
The girl that does my hair has beautifully shiney hair. Hers is naturally curly and a little on the course side. She uses Aquage (sp?) products.
My hair is as described above (wavy/curly, coarse-ish strands and very thick) and glazes have never done anything for me. A good conditioner will make all the difference in the world.

goingcrazy

What it sounds like you are looking for is an illuminizer. Its basically a soap cap that can be done in a salon. I don't know if anyone here does them. However, I did see what looked to be basically the same thing at Walmart or you can check Sally's Beauty supply.

Rileyc

What it sounds like you are looking for is an illuminizer. Its basically a soap cap that can be done in a salon. I don't know if anyone here does them. However, I did see what looked to be basically the same thing at Walmart or you can check Sally's Beauty supply.

I looked up soap cap... it seems to be something that is done to color treated hair... I've never dyed my hair before, its completely natural...

angelbaby

Not a soap cap. Soap caps usually contain bleach and a developer. They are used to remove unwanted colors or tones. You are referring to a gloss or glaze. If you are not wanting to have your hair "processed" in any way be sure of what you are purchasing. Here is the definition of both.

A gloss is a bit more permanent than a glaze. It adds shine and adjusts the tone (say, if your highlights are too bright or brassy, a gloss will subdue them). A gloss penetrates the hair's cuticle, so it lasts two to four weeks. A glaze, on the other hand, simply coats the shaft with shine and semipermanent color; it's like putting a top coat of polish on your hair, and it lasts a week or two.

Hope this helps!

Roman

glaze

I did have that done many years ago, and if it were that good, I would have done it again. Personally..it was a waste of Money. As mentioned in other Posts..you might want to use a Clairifier, or a glossing spray. There are too many of them to even try to mention. I use my Husband's Head & Shoulders 2 & 1 sleek & shiney shampoo, and I've seen a great amount of shine that I thought never existed in my Gray/Blonde hair.

SLIM

I agree with someone mentioning a good conditioner but you could also check into vitamin supplements and a reason why you hair has lost it's shine!
Why mess up your hair with chemicals?

MarieB

I use
MOROCCANOIL - Our Products

the Intense Curl Cream daily. It is the ONLY hair product that has ever worked for me. You don't have to dry your hair or anything

On the rare occasions that I straighten my hair, I use the oil treatment

Rileyc

I agree with someone mentioning a good conditioner but you could also check into vitamin supplements and a reason why you hair has lost it's shine!
Why mess up your hair with chemicals?

My hair has never been super shiney or anything, but it was like over night! I woke up one morning and I just couldn't believe it! I couldn't stand the look, or feel of my hair!!! I hadn't changed anything about my routine. My products were all the same, I haven't blow dried my hair in months and I lightly use a strightner to redefine curls around my face. I've been using African black soap and a tad bit of olive oil, extreme improvement :)