Clerk killed at Waldorf 7-11

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Police believe a man entered the store and brandished a firearm, announced a robbery, and demanded money. He was allegedly wearing a surgical mask, hoodie, and jeans. The unidentified female clerk was compliant with the suspect when she was shot, Richardson says.

Waldork needs to get its chit together, but it never will.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
3 yrs ago a 7-11 clerk was gunned down at the one down from my house

its a wtf MOMENT the clerk was cooperating, why shoot them ..... you are going to get caught anyway - why add murder to the charges

frequentflier

happy to be living

its a wtf MOMENT the clerk was cooperating, why shoot them ..... you are going to get caught anyway - why add murder to the charges
My older brother was shot in the back and killed for $125 while working at a gas station. My family was pretty certain he was familiar with the people and probably told them to just take the $ and go. Though they never worked alone there, the other guy was late for work.
Your life isn't worth $hit to some people. They were never caught.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So does, in actual practice, the State of Maryland. A mere clerk would never be approved to carry concealed.
Hell, they aren't supposed to even try to stop a shoplifter or any crime in progress.
Story the other day where some young fellow was fired because he took down a purse snatcher that was running by.
Company policy because of liability. He was on the clock, a few minutes either way and no problem.
He had a job the next day from a different employer who appreciated that he did the right thing.
I mean heaven forbid a criminal get injured.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Makes me wonder if there is more to the story, like the clerk knew the robber.
Because they are stupid, probably doped up and while they have a gun, don't really know how to handle it.
Something spooks them and they panic.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Don't forget.... 7-11 forbids it's clerks to be armed.
You are correct. I worked at one up in Forrestville off of Boones lane. The midnight shift guy John was working when I came in early and was helping with the coffee counter to make sure all pots filled, and was looking for the packets of sugar. He told me the sugar was up by the register. I went and got the sugar box and took it to the counter. While grabbing the packets out, I seen something wooden and uncovered a revolver. I commented about it with a chuckle saying I now know why he does not mind midnight shift. Let the excuses begin why it was there and I just did the SGT Schultz routine. I know nothing.

Southland Corp policy is to just give over the money and not escalate the situation. The cashier is not supposed to have large amounts of cash in the register. The safe/drop box is right there by the clerk on a time delay lock and only the manager/assistant can open it.

Sorry for the familys loss of this lady.

OldHillcrestGuy

Police believe a man entered the store and brandished a firearm, announced a robbery, and demanded money. He was allegedly wearing a surgical mask, hoodie, and jeans. The unidentified female clerk was compliant with the suspect when she was shot, Richardson says.

Waldork needs to get its chit together, but it never will.

What about Lexington Park. Its always about Waldorf, but for its size Lexington Park probably is worse then Waldorf. Both places have their problems.

Scootboot

It's really comforting knowing that we have all these strict gun laws to protect us from crimes like this.
I recently decided I wanted a handgun. I signed up for the class $100, Took the time to go to it, Got my fingerprints $47, Made the appointment and showed up with cash as required. Applied on line for my hand gun permit $50. After 6 weeks finally have my handgun permit to be able to rent or buy a handgun. When I decide on the gun I want I will have to wait seven days before I can have it. I'm sure this asswipe didn't go through the same process.