Clever Anti-Vaxxer Retort

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
No comment other than to say I found this interesting.

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Buddy of mine...a guy I've known most of my life since we were kids...is hugely invested in all the chem trail nonsense. Drives him crazy that he can't make me and others of his friends understand the threat, and he's accumulated reams of "supporting data" to buttress his wild theories.

An otherwise very smart and talented guy...hella good mechanic and an amazing musician. But them damn chem trails....LOL

gemma_rae

What irony, I won't get a Flu shot because I'm convinced China is trying to kill us with vaccines. I don't worry about Russia though, because without us they wouldn't have anyone worth influencing.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program

Vaccines save lives by preventing disease.

Most people who get vaccines have no serious problems. Vaccines, like any medicines, can cause side effects, but most are very rare and very mild. Some health problems that follow vaccinations are not caused by vaccines.

In very rare cases, a vaccine can cause a serious problem, such as a severe allergic reaction.

In these instances, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) may provide financial compensation to individuals who file a petition and are found to have been injured by a VICP-covered vaccine.

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html
  1. Note the .gov address
  2. They say that in rare cases there may be something as severe as an allegeric reaction, YET they felt the need to setup a federal compensation fund and exempt pharma companies from any liability for damages to injured patients.
The Health Resources & Services Administration just released new dollar figures reflecting payouts from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. The payouts for vaccine injuries just went past the whopping $4 billion mark. Using the government’s own conclusion that only 1% of all vaccine injuries are reported, the $4 billion is just the tip of the iceberg.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/...or-vaccine-injuries-and-deaths-keep-climbing/

1. If we choose to believe the above, the takeaway is Using the government’s own conclusion that only 1% of all vaccine injuries are reported
This is not to say that vaccine science does not work and many people are helped, however, you can not blindly thus assume:
  1. The profit motive may drive push the development and sales of some vaccines which have negligible benefits to society.
  2. Some additives, such as preservatives, may cause harm to some people
  3. Some batches of vaccines may have become contaminated and still make it into people's bodies.
CONCLUSIONS:

These data suggest that there may be an increased incidence of certain cancers among the 98 million persons exposed to contaminated polio vaccine in the U.S.; further investigations are clearly justified.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10472327

1. I guess all I can offer here is, those darned conspiracy theorists at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Shame on them!
I could do this all day. But, my real point is that rather than our current national tone of simply trying to dismiss the opposition with clever soundbites and highlight the worst possible examples of some people on that "side," we need to have intelligent conversation about the real issues.

And technically, as far as the issue of do vaccines do harm, how do we really know? Much of modern medicine is simply understanding the basics of how the human system works, apply some external force to it and observe what happens. Its not like we have a mathematical model of any human body that we can calculate the absolute outcome of changing any variable.

Seriously, how we would ever know how something affects a human over his lifespan other than by having exact duplicates of that human, apply different stimulants to the various copies, then observe them in a controlled environment for the rest of their life to see how they turned out differently.