Climber

antwheat

I am the Decider!
I'm looking to get a new climbing stand for next season because the one I have is just too heavy for public land. Anybody have a suggesstion? I'm thinking about the Summit Openshot.

antwheat

I am the Decider!
Which one?? Needs to be light. The one I have now works great, but it's like carrying a sack of potatoes into the woods...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I'm looking to get a new climbing stand for next season because the one I have is just too heavy for public land. Anybody have a suggesstion? I'm thinking about the Summit Openshot.

I am using a newer Tree Lounge...very comfy and much lighter weight than the older version.

antwheat

I am the Decider!
Thanks for the recommendation appendixqh, but I looked up info on the tree lounge web site and their lightest one is 26 lbs. which is still too much for me. I'm looking for something no more than 20 lbs.

bulldog

Thanks for the recommendation appendixqh, but I looked up info on the tree lounge web site and their lightest one is 26 lbs. which is still too much for me. I'm looking for something no more than 20 lbs.

Loan Wolf climber is probably a great stand...it's certainly not heavy. However, I only had mine one day before returning it. Nothing "wrong" with it, but at 6'6" tall, the way the bar folded down to sit/climb, it put my knees too close to the tree and I could only get about 2" of advance per attempt.

I don't remember the weight, but I'm currently using an "Equalizer" which is a very solid and comfortable stand that allows for you to adjust the angle as you climb. Again, don't remember the weight, but if it's within your range, I'd highly recommend it.

Good Luck.

antwheat

I am the Decider!
I've seen a lot of comparisons between the LW hand climber and the Summit open shot. Both seem pretty reasonable and about the same, except a lot of people are saying that LW moved their manufacturing company to China. If that is the case, I'd buy the Summit. I've also not seen any bad reviews about the Equalizer, but it looks like they are on back order until mid fall... That in itself says something to me about the product.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Which one?? Needs to be light. The one I have now works great, but it's like carrying a sack of potatoes into the woods...

It looks like a little exercise a couple of months before the season should solve all your problems and save you money on a new stand.

JMHO

antwheat

I am the Decider!
It looks like a little exercise a couple of months before the season should solve all your problems and save you money on a new stand.

JMHO

HAHA I love how people say stuff like this on here... Especially without knowing a single thing about the person they are talking about. It has nothing to do with what kind of shape I'm in. I'm in GREAT shape. It is a personal choice because I'm only hunting public land and go really deep. I've made 1 1/2 mile trips (one way) many times this year with my 32 pound climber and had no problems doing it. What I don't like is the fact that I'm usually sweating pretty good when I get there. Plus it's huge and catches limbs and brush making too much noise. I asked an opinion on light climbers, so please either respond to that question or keep your assumptions and humble opinion to yourself.

tonyb

antwheat,

check this out at 17lbs with a 350lb capacity.

display item

i cant tell if link is pasting correctly, but its a timbertall superbrute.

r/

tb

Last edited:

bulldog

HAHA I love how people say stuff like this on here... Especially without knowing a single thing about the person they are talking about. It has nothing to do with what kind of shape I'm in. I'm in GREAT shape. It is a personal choice because I'm only hunting public land and go really deep. I've made 1 1/2 mile trips (one way) many times this year with my 32 pound climber and had no problems doing it. What I don't like is the fact that I'm usually sweating pretty good when I get there. Plus it's huge and catches limbs and brush making too much noise. I asked an opinion on light climbers, so please either respond to that question or keep your assumptions and humble opinion to yourself.

:yeahthat::dingding:

antwheat

I am the Decider!
antwheat,

check this out at 17lbs with a 350lb capacity.

display item

i cant tell if link is pasting correctly, but its a timbertall superbrute.

r/

tb

Thanks for the link. I've been looking hard at the TimberTall line. They look like quality products and have pretty good reviews. Thanks!

Anyone one here have experience with TimberTall?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

If you have a problem with a 32lb climber for 1 1/2 mile trips one way, what are you going to do with a 150lb deer.
My humble opinion stands

antwheat

I am the Decider!
If you have a problem with a 32lb climber for 1 1/2 mile trips one way, what are you going to do with a 150lb deer.
My humble opinion stands

Wow...you further make my point... Can you read? Are you literate??? I told you it is NOT about physicality! Pay attention, if you can. I could care less if I'm profusely sweating while carrying out a 150 lb deer! The ignorance of some people... Why do you "humbly" assume things about people that you absolutely do not know???

Last edited:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
My humble opinion stands

Little Known Hunting Fact of The Day:

Once a deer is dead...they can't smell you...sweat all you want

:killingme.