Clipper Maintenance

kmbetit

K Betit
I really need to have my Oster clippers serviced. I know someone had mentioned a guy in Loveville who sharpens blades. Does he fix clippers too? Does anyone have personal experience sending clippers off to a certain company? I'm hesitant to send my clippers out without any sort of recommendation. The Oster website has a couple of places listed that service clippers, but they are independently owned.

appaholic

I tried the guy in Loveville, pleasant to talk to, but I am sad to say I was unhappy with the service. Three months went by without them being sharpened and finally he said he did not know how to sharpen Wahl clippers?

SugarBear47

I do my own clippers. When I bought mine I also bought a clipper blade sharpener. It's manual but does a good job. They also have an electric model for like 100$. I have never had to send my blades off to be sharpened....

HandiHone Universal Clipper Blade Sharpener
That is nice to know, you can sharpen your own blades. I might give it a try. I think it would be good in between major sharpenings anyway. I like the web site too. Thanks for sharing it.

mingiz

Horse Poor
That is nice to know, you can sharpen your own blades. I might give it a try. I think it would be good in between major sharpenings anyway. I like the web site too. Thanks for sharing it.

WC:buddies: Mine is a manual process. I just lay the blade on the stone, put some graphite type stuff on the stone and sit there and do figure 8's until it's sharp sometimes it only takes a few minutes to get one part of the blade sharpened..you do have to take the blades apart....I have 4 sets of blades the last time I had a set sharpened it was 10$ so my sharpener has paid for itself many times over..Besides the people you send them too have the same thing but most likely in a bigger version....

DQ2B

I send mine directly to Wahl.

Wahl Clipper Corp
3001 Locust St.
Sterling, IL 61081

Always had them come back perfectly sharpened.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I send mine directly to Wahl.

Wahl Clipper Corp
3001 Locust St.
Sterling, IL 61081

Always had them come back perfectly sharpened.

What does it cost you and how long do you wait before you get your blades back? TIA

DQ2B

What does it cost you and how long do you wait before you get your blades back? TIA

Depends on your model number. Two years ago (last time I sent them) it cost me $6.95. You can call them at 800-767-9245 to find out price. Got them back within 2 weeks or so I think.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Depends on your model number. Two years ago (last time I sent them) it cost me $6.95. You can call them at 800-767-9245 to find out price. Got them back within 2 weeks or so I think.

Thanks for the info. The price isn't bad. As long as I can keep doing my own I'm good. My clipper is an Andis.I bought it 15yrs ago and have never had one moments problem out of it. I was trimming up winter woolies the other day.:killingme