Clogged up dishwasher

luvmygdaughters

Help, does anyone know of a handyman/woman type that can fix a dishwasher that wont drain? Its about 10 years old, we dont use it often.

General Lee

Take a shop vac and suck the water out. Then see if you can suck out some junk beneath the bottom water miser that most likely Is clogging it up. You can also try YouTube for the brand you have and there might be instructions on how to take apart the bottom water miser. Usually just some screws.

phreddyp

Sounds like a stuck float to me , It may be in the front of the inside of the unit usually has 2 or 3 screws open it up and clean the float I have found that the powder dishwashing soap is the culprit . It will take you about 5 minutes to check it out. If you look at the above video it is on the right side of the inside of that dishwasher. Easy fix if that is it.

limblips

PREMO Member
What GLS said above but the vent also may be located under the sink. Fixed quite a few of them that way.

Grumpy

Bought new injectors for a car I had. Son said he could do the job. He found out he couldn't and left the half finished job for me. I finished the job, injectors all in, tried to start the car..just cranked, no fire. Went in and out of house looking at youtube for issues I may have missed (95 degree day). After 3 hours, I realized son never removed the gas cap, so the quarter tank of gas pumped out on the ground (noticed dead grass 3 days later)..Put gas in car, vroooom..no issues..:lol: It's always something..