Clothing

slotted

I noticed that the discussion of clothing was in the tithing thread. I didn't read the whole thread.
Does anyone on here attend a church that teaches that women should wear dresses and not pants? Or teach that a woman is not to wear clothing that pertaineth to a man, etc.

If your church doesn't teach it, do you hold it as a personal belief or conviction?

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SLOTTED!!! Stop quoting OT scripture and trying to relate it to modern Christianity. Once Jesus came along, OT stuff was tossed or revised. That's why they're called "Christians" - followers of Christ. Not followers of Moses or Abraham - Christ. There were no Christians before Christ, therefore the OT laws do not apply.

Do your homework and come back to us.

slotted

Vrai, there are churches out there that teach this, not a majority at all, but I would like to discuss their views with them and point out where they are wrong according to their Bible.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
vraiblonde said:
SLOTTED!!! Stop quoting OT scripture and trying to relate it to modern Christianity. Once Jesus came along, OT stuff was tossed or revised. That's why they're called "Christians" - followers of Christ. Not followers of Moses or Abraham - Christ. There were no Christians before Christ, therefore the OT laws do not apply.

Do your homework and come back to us.

Vrai,
When I was overseas women were not allowed in the Church if they were wearing pants. So someone is still old school.
Just a thought

slotted

vraiblonde said:
Stop quoting OT scripture and trying to relate it to modern Christianity. Once Jesus came along, OT stuff was tossed or revised.
Are you suggesting that everything in the OT is considered the Law? I know of many Christians that would disagree with you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
slotted said:
I would like to discuss their views with them and point out where they are wrong according to their Bible.
Of course you would. Because you know everything and are in a fabulous position to tell others what they should and shouldn't believe.

:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that everything in the OT is considered the Law?
Dur. I was suggesting just the opposite. Read the post next time, please.

slotted

vraiblonde said:
Of course you would. Because you know everything and are in a fabulous position to tell others what they should and shouldn't believe.
I'm glad that you see it too.
Dur. I was suggesting just the opposite. Read the post next time, please.
I did read it, maybe you should read what you typed.
Most Christians consider much of the OT to be under the Law and the NT to fall under Grace. Therefore the OT Jews had to follow the law and look towards the coming Messiah in order to be saved and go to heaven.
I asked if you consider the OT to be the Law, how are you stating the opposite when you say OT laws do not apply? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
slotted said:
Most Christians consider much of the OT to be under the Law
Wrong again. Christians are not bound by OT law. Yes, they were laws back then but not after Jesus came along and straightened them out. If certain churches or denominations decide to follow OT doctrine, that's their choice. But Christians follow the NT because Jesus is their Lord.

You may have noticed that there's a good bit of diversity in the Christian church. The only constant is that they follow the teachings of Jesus, hence the term "Christians".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you move to Saudi and get into the Koran...

slotted said:
Vrai, there are churches out there that teach this, not a majority at all, but I would like to discuss their views with them and point out where they are wrong according to their Bible.

...you will be able to find an endless supply of people who are wrong about what it says and you can correct them until your hearts content. Or they cut it out.

In the mean time, I wonder why you feel so threatened by Chritians?

Go after them Muslims. They're a far greater danger.

slotted

vraiblonde said:
Wrong again. Christians are not bound by OT law.
I never said that Christians were bound by the laws, but just because one is saved, does not exempt them from the laws that God has put in place. God is said to be immutable, therefore what he finds abominable in the old testament, he still finds abominable in the new testament, the only difference now, is that one's salvation isn't dependent upon keeping the law. I know of churches that teach women should only wear dresses mainly based upon OT teachings. Do these churches teach that you are damned to hell if you don't obey this? For the most part, no. But the churches that teach this infer that you are not right with God if you don't follow this teaching. Make sense?

I would like to discuss this with Christians that follow this teaching, seems you just want to start a flame war and detract from my initial post. You don't follow this teaching, Great, it doesn't apply to you. Why respond to my initial post if it wasn't directed towards you?

H

HollowSoul

vraiblonde said:

:rolleyes:
you do realize however that you really should quote someone else on this besides slotted

My $0.02

slotted

Larry Gude said:
In the mean time, I wonder why you feel so threatened by Chritians?

Go after them Muslims. They're a far greater danger.
I don't feel threatened by Christians at all. Because I live in a Western society, I know alot more about Christianity, than I do, Buddism, Islam, etc. I have to deal with it more on a daily basis than these other religions.

Islam is said to be the fastest growing religion. So, maybe in the future I will deal with it more, and speak out more against it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
HollowSoul said:
you do realize however that you really should quote someone else on this besides slotted
:shrug: Slotted is the only one in here wanting someone to respond so he can tell them they're wrong. And he openly admitted that.

And to JWWB: Slotted has never asked a single religion question with hopes of getting an honest answer. All he has EVER wanted to do was play "gotcha" - asks question in hopes that some poor unsuspecting soul will answer, so he can then tell them what fools they are.

slotted

jwwb2000 said:
Why doesn't anyone answer the question Slotted asked :shrug:
Maybe out of everyone who has read the post so far, there isn't anyone that believes a woman should not wear pants.

slotted

vraiblonde said:
:shrug: Slotted is the only one in here wanting someone to respond so he can tell them they're wrong. And he openly admitted that.

And to JWWB: Slotted has never asked a single religion question with hopes of getting an honest answer. All he has EVER wanted to do was play "gotcha" - asks question in hopes that some poor unsuspecting soul will answer, so he can then tell them what fools they are.
I still don't see what the problem is?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
slotted said:
Islam is said to be the fastest growing religion. So, maybe in the future I will deal with it more, and speak out more against it.
Careful, those boys will wack your azz.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
slotted said:
Maybe out of everyone who has read the post so far, there isn't anyone that believes a woman should not wear pants.
if I had my way, most women wouldn't wear any clothes at all... The church of the Bobvidians.. leave your dresses at the door!