CNN's Chris 'Fredo' Cuomo has a meltdown in public LMAO

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
Today Cuomo and CNN and related supporters are doubling down trying push the narrative that Fredo is an ethnic slur, which it isn't.

Fortunately, some people are pointing out the truth, but, of course it will not matter.

Just for the record, as amusing as it has all turned out, the guy who instigated it is a jerk. You don't have a right verbally assail someone just because they are a public figure and you don't like them. Cuomo's problem is that he dealt with it the wrong way.

Midnightrider

People tell me that Fredo is just short for Alfredo which is the Italian version of our Alfred.

And, as everyone had so hoped:

Good point! No weapons for Cuomo.
that's only a 'good point' if you are not pushing red flag laws. Since trump is pushing red flag laws its a sign of how he thinks they should be used. You guys would be screaming revolution if a D president had made the same comment about Hannity or rush.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You don't have a right verbally assail someone just because they are a public figure and you don't like them.
That's not much of a verbal assault. All he did was call him "Fredo". If I were standing somewhere and a guy said to me, "Hey, Fredo!" I'd be like....??...whatever.

That Andrew's lesser brother had such a visceral reaction to it is pretty telling.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just for the record, as amusing as it has all turned out, the guy who instigated it is a jerk. You don't have a right verbally assail someone just because they are a public figure and you don't like them.
Bite your tongue, man! That feller was following crazy Aunt Maxine's "get in their faces" advice to the letter. ;-)

officeguy

It's a movie reference, not an ethnic slur. Had he called him a 'Guido' or 'spagetti', I would buy the ethnic slur part but 'Fredo' just refers to the 'weak brother' who rides the coattails of his successful sibling.

But I bet if next week one of his bodyguards offers to take him fishing, he'll think twice whether he accepts :rolleyes: .

This_person

that's only a 'good point' if you are not pushing red flag laws. Since trump is pushing red flag laws its a sign of how he thinks they should be used. You guys would be screaming revolution if a D president had made the same comment about Hannity or rush.
Interesting you read it that way. I read it the exact opposite - as a way of showing how it could be abused, so as to point out it should not happen in a wrong way (if at all).

officeguy

Just for the record, as amusing as it has all turned out, the guy who instigated it is a jerk. You don't have a right verbally assail someone just because they are a public figure and you don't like them. Cuomo's problem is that he dealt with it the wrong way.
Cuomo is a public figure who has no problem being a jerk on his show to elicit responses from interview subjects he hates. Goose/gander etc.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Cuomo is a public figure who has no problem being a jerk on his show to elicit responses from interview subjects he hates. Goose/gander etc.
He is indeed that. Between Cuomo and Don Lemon, CNN has the market on jerks almost cornered. MSNBC is pedaling as hard as they can to catch up though....

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I guess I have no context. I really never heard of the guy before last night and never saw one of his shows. Still, not sure it is cool to instigate trouble like that. Technically, I guess he trolled Cuomo --- did something just to get a negative reaction.

Maybe if I saw Cuomo in action on air I would feel differently. :p