Coast Guard goes Full Retard!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A Coast Guard member has been removed from the hurricane response for making a hand sign that people claim is a “white power” sign, according to the Gateway Pundit. When we grew up it meant “OK.” Which had nothing whatever to do with racism, it just meant all right, or everything’s fine. But the use of it now has become “offensive.”

They said the same thing about an intern who was sitting directly behind Judge Brett Kavanaugh during the hearings as well. Her action was soundly discredited as a random holding of her hand.

This situation appears deliberate, unless he was scratching the inside of his ear. And he didn’t appear any too happy about having a camera shoved in his face.

https://news.unclesamsmisguidedchil...m-hurricane-response-for-making-ok-hand-sign/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/1...fter-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coast-guard-member-flashes-white-power-hand-signal-tv-n909856

black dog

Free America
I hope my son's permanent record doesn't get blemished giving me the " Peace Sign "

IMG_20180829_103733634_HDR.jpg

terbear1225

Not being aware of any possible alternate meaning of that gesture, my first thought was that it was a subtle gesture to his family that he was ok. We have a system with family members in the military for them to indicate their well being in tense situations (ours is certain words though as they aren’t likely to be on tv, more likely to be a phone call.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some social influencer said, "Ooh, hold my beer and watch this - I'm going to make the tard brigade think a routine hand gesture is a racial call sign and watch them bust #### up!" That's how this became a thing.

That the Coast Guard took this seriously and took action doesn't show them in a very positive light. What they should have said was, "Are you ####ing kidding me??? Guards, take this person to the insane asylum."

I'm not sure why we, as a society, are taking these silly accusations of codes and dog whistles and hand signals seriously. We need to be shouting these people down and telling them to pack sand.

Midnightrider

Some social influencer said, "Ooh, hold my beer and watch this - I'm going to make the tard brigade think a routine hand gesture is a racial call sign and watch them bust #### up!" That's how this became a thing.

That the Coast Guard took this seriously and took action doesn't show them in a very positive light. What they should have said was, "Are you ####ing kidding me??? Guards, take this person to the insane asylum."

I'm not sure why we, as a society, are taking these silly accusations of codes and dog whistles and hand signals seriously. We need to be shouting these people down and telling them to pack sand.
Kind of like when the NRA decided that a children’s cartoon was really the klan in disguise

black dog

Free America
Not being aware of any possible alternate meaning of that gesture, my first thought was that it was a subtle gesture to his family that he was ok. We have a system with family members in the military for them to indicate their well being in tense situations (ours is certain words though as they aren’t likely to be on tv, more likely to be a phone call.)

When I was deployed, out of country or sailing, I would call home collect to let them know " still alive " using the name John Holmes or Peter North . My dad would always laugh and tell the operator NO..while I'm telling him where I was...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When I was deployed, out of country or sailing, I would call home collect to let them know " still alive " using the name John Holmes or Peter North . My dad would always laugh and tell the operator NO..while I'm telling him where I was...

:lmao:

"You have a collect call from Ron Jeremy, do you accept the charges?"

black dog

Free America
Still get VMs like that at work all the time.

When I call Atlantic in Silver Spring or Rockville and get a new salesman on the phone I ask for Dale or Steve, and then the new guy asks who's calling.... Lol.. it's always laughter when one of my cousins picks up the phone..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you need to watch that video again

The Dana Loesch video?

MR, the only reason I even know that vid exists is because you felt the need to have a #### fit over it. I haven't seen it on the news, not on social media, nowhere. It must have come through in your super secret platinum member bot newsletter, because I didn't even see it in my news feed.

Or are you referring to the video where the Coast Guard guy puts his hand to his head and you all are having a screaming fit because some dumbass on the internet told you it was a "white power" signal?