Coffee

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I gotta remember to place an order with Black Rifle Coffee Company. I've been wanting to try some of their varieties.
Murdered Out and Freedom Fuel are the better dark roasts.

GymRatz in Mechanicsville usually has several in stock.

luvmygdaughters

Been drinking coffee since I was 14, that would be 49 years. I've used the old percolater you put on a stove, the electric percolater, Mr. Coffee, Melita, and now, a Keurig. I like Green Mountain Dark Magic or Sumatra Reserve. I dont like flavored coffees at all or flavored creamers. I've never tried the french press, I guess that will be my next venture in the magic of coffee brewing.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wish I liked coffee. I wish coffee tasted as great as it smells.

I add so much stuff to make it palatable it would be to coffee what pink slime is to ground beef.

BTW, if anyone cares.... Aldi has Maple Bacon flavored coffee. It's not with the coffees, it's in one of the center rows.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
BTW, if anyone cares.... Aldi has Maple Bacon flavored coffee. It's not with the coffees, it's in one of the center rows.
Im not big on flavor coffee but I'd have to try bacon once.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They had this at a little shop in Bastrop and it was the best coffee EVER. They called it "Harvest Breakfast" and it didn't really taste like bacon so much as it had a smoky essence, with the maple being more pronounced but still subtle. You should try the Aldi version and let me know how it is.

Toxick

Splat

This I gotta try.

And Aldi needs to make their own brand of mixed nuts.

I'm talking Aldi's Nuts.

You should try the Aldi version and let me know how it is.
So, I tried it. I'm not a flavored coffee fan, but it was intriguing. The open package smelled nice, a bit sweet, not necessarily maple-y, no bacon that I could detect. Smelled good brewing (drip), nice aroma, but again, no bacon. It tasted pretty good, but very little maple and no bacon. Just a hint of sweetness that almost reminded me of raspberry. Not bad as coffee goes, not all all bold or dark, much more like a breakfast or donut shop blend, which is my preference anyway.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I started drinking coffee 5 years ago, while spending 7 days in the hospital while my husband recovered from heart surgery. I was in my 50's. Yeah, my first foray into coffee was hospital coffee. shutter I've recently discovered the French press. What a delicious cup of coffee!

So, how old were you when you started drinking coffee? and how do you like it prepared?

Started loving the taste of coffee at about 6 or 7. Dad would make his Eight O'Clock coffee, (ground to his liking at the local A&P checkout register), using an old stove percolator coffee pot type with the glass bubble on top. Then he would put some sugar and Borden's condensed milk in it. (There was always, always, a can with the top pierced with a hole in the fridge.) He would let me sip a bit now and then. Tasted so rich and creamy. Yummy. Better than a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day yummy. Now I'm stuck on Peet's Major Dickenson's Blend. Very rich and full bodied. But use no cream anymore.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was at a local craft fair/flea market a couple of weeks ago and found a vendor there hawking coffee and tea from Java Momma. It intrigued me because first the smell was heavenly, and secondly the company uses responsibly grown coffee and tea in their products.

I tried the mango hot tea and loved it, even though I am not a big fan of mango. I bought a couple of other packages of tea to try and am in LOVE! My favorite is Cheeky Peach, followed by Strawberry Kisses then What A Pear and Berry Blueberry. Plus there are many other flavors to try! I have a refillable tea ball and each fill will make 3 to 4 cups of tea easily.

Anyway, decided to try the coffee next and order some Crème Brulee flavored and got a reusable K-cup. Sipping on a cup now and it is yummy! ☕

If interested, here is their website:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right now I am drinking New Mexico Pinon Coffee's Biscochito flavor. It's cinnamony with a hint of anise.

NextJen

Raisin cane
My first order has been delivered! Can't wait to try it!

Attachments

• brcc.jpg
    brcc.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 147

NextJen

Raisin cane
Which roast?

Don't laugh at me.
Decaff.
I drink decaff for a couple reasons. But I enjoy coffee and have a hard time finding good, bold decaff. So I got two 12 oz bags of ground and one box of the pods.
The plus is, I can try it tonight and not worry about being kept awake!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I have some faux coffee. I use to buy Postum but couldn't find it. I got some local substitute. It's not too bad as a coffee replacement.. A die hard coffee drinker won't like it but it works well for me.