Coin Shortage

GregV814

Yeah, well, when the banks lobbys open or the minimum wage employees quit stealing from the coin machines at WEIS.....
No, wait!!!!!! American coins all depict racist slave owners!!!!!!!! Except sackaunclebenauntjemima!!!

frequentflier

happy to be living
The bank told me it would be 30 days before coins will be back fully in stock. They had quarters, nickels and some pennies. My co worker has offered to roll up some of her quarters if we need them!
At my store, I prefer cash over credit and debit cards because of the fees I pay to take them. It is an extra step to go wait in line at the drive thru to deposit cash but I also have a key to the night drop and use that as well.
But the shortage is real. Freakin hoarders!

stgislander

PREMO Member
:howdy: I use either a V8 Splash bottle or an Arizona tea bottle for loose change. Once full, I take it for fat stacks. :lol:
I've got a fair sized Mt. Olive pickle jar. Unfortunately I very seldom have cash anymore so no coins, and therefore no fat stacks. :bawl:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
It's not hoarders, it's just that people haven't been using coin because of Covid, between using credit/debit online or for takeout. Some places won't even accept cash. As a result, the normal turnover of coin isn't happening.

But that leads to.... if no one is using coin because there is no need, why is there a shortage?

I had been accumulating coin in a huge snifter. When I cashed it all in, it was worth over $400. More recently I only save quarters for the laundromat, not more than $20 or $30 at a time. The rest gets turned in.

Reactions: BOP

Grumpy

I seldom have cash anymore, but when I do, any change I get goes into water cooler jug. Can't think of the last time I used any coins to pay for something.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Has Brinks Shut down ?

when I worked at Six Flags, Coins was delivered by Dunbar and they picked up our cash