Coke Was Already Going Broke

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Making headlines for their wokeness changes the conversation from their business model to their politics. Touting a brand as socially responsible evades questions about its financial viability.

Take Coke, please.

Coca-Cola’s global sales fell 28% in the second quarter of 2020 from $10 billion to $7.15 billion. The corporate giant blamed the pandemic which had shuttered movie theaters and bars, and began cutting its small brands while concentrating on its big signature brands.

But Coke was struggling even long before the pandemic.

Despite all the international marketing, North America is still the biggest soda market. And the average American is down to drinking 40 gallons of soda from 50 gallons two decades ago. The shift was driven by the same demographic that tends to go woke, young white urban lefties, who became more likely to drink bottled water. Coke chased them by going into bottled water and vitamin drinks, but also by shifting away from a family brand once associated with Santa.

Santa and the polar bears reflected a Coke that was marketed to children. But fewer parents are comfortable with their children living off soda. That’s why one survey found that the number of children drinking over 3 cans of soda a day fell from 10% to 3.3%. The drop in soda consumption, once again, was heaviest among younger and wealthier urban white lefties.

The economic consequences of young white wealthy lefties dropping soda wasn’t just a sales issue. Wokes are a politically narcissistic demographic that legislates its tastes into law, pursuing the legalization of drugs, and bans on soda. Both drug legalization and soda bans were, as usual, done in the name of oppressed minorities, but had little impact on them.

Coke Goes Woke and Broke

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They can't be going too broke. They've been bottling that Dasani tap water and selling it for a 99% profit for years.

BOP

Making headlines for their wokeness changes the conversation from their business model to their politics. Touting a brand as socially responsible evades questions about its financial viability.

Take Coke, please.

Coca-Cola’s global sales fell 28% in the second quarter of 2020 from $10 billion to $7.15 billion. The corporate giant blamed the pandemic which had shuttered movie theaters and bars, and began cutting its small brands while concentrating on its big signature brands.

Despite all the international marketing, North America is still the biggest soda market. And the average American is down to drinking 40 gallons of soda from 50 gallons two decades ago. The shift was driven by the same demographic that tends to go woke, young white urban lefties, who became more likely to drink bottled water. Coke chased them by going into bottled water and vitamin drinks, but also by shifting away from a family brand once associated with Santa.

Santa and the polar bears reflected a Coke that was marketed to children. But fewer parents are comfortable with their children living off soda. That’s why one survey found that the number of children drinking over 3 cans of soda a day fell from 10% to 3.3%. The drop in soda consumption, once again, was heaviest among younger and wealthier urban white lefties.

The economic consequences of young white wealthy lefties dropping soda wasn’t just a sales issue. Wokes are a politically narcissistic demographic that legislates its tastes into law, pursuing the legalization of drugs, and bans on soda. Both drug legalization and soda bans were, as usual, done in the name of oppressed minorities, but had little impact on them.

Coke Goes Woke and Broke
So, not drinking Coke is white privilege?

C'mon, people! Start acting less white!

phreddyp

I don't know w

Take Coke, please.

Coke Goes Woke and Broke
Funniest post of today , any one who thinks Coca Cola is done is a fool through and through . One of the best forward looking companies in America . F**KED up by not buying Pepsi when they were a start up though .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Psh. Coke just needs to buy them some swamp rats. Politicians are whores who screw for money, so throw a few mil at them and they'll pass a law that everyone has to drink a 6 of Coke a day. Pay the press to run ads disguised as news about how great Coke is. Pay these people to run news items that Pepsi gives you the rona and hold congressional hearings. Give AOC some bucks to do all her TikTok vids with a can of Coke Zero in the frame.

That would be cheaper and more effective than the traditional advertising they do now.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
IKR .... who drinks 3 cans a day ..... of course I brewed my own Ice Tea for yrs and drank a gallon a day ...... that's still a lot of sugar
I've, sadly, been laying low on the iced tea. I FINALLY narrowed it down that caffinated tea was what was keeping me up at night.

Had the kids over for dinner Sat, between my son and I we polished off that WONDERFUL gallon of home-brewed sweet tea. OMG, it was delicious.

It was worth being up all night long.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's MISTER Raff to you. :diva: