2015 CFPNC

• Ohio State

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Oregon

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeoplesElbow

I think Oregon wins because their style of play is so different than anything than the Ohio State defense has seen this year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So who wins & why?

Ohio State because they've been overcoming long odds most of the season and especially the last two games. They ran the ball on 'Bama. On Ala-freaking-bama when the Crimson Tide HAD to stop the run, which is what they do anyway, in order to make a 3rd string freshman QB beat them in the air. The Buckeyes did both.

Team of destiny? Momentum? If they simply put together endless 12-15 play drives and just beat Oregon's D into paste, they do have the secondary speed to at least compete with Oregon's offense.

I can totally see Oregon running away with it but, man, the Buckeyes shouldn't even be here. Yet, they are.

PeoplesElbow

Ohio State because they've been overcoming long odds most of the season and especially the last two games. They ran the ball on 'Bama. On Ala-freaking-bama when the Crimson Tide HAD to stop the run, which is what they do anyway, in order to make a 3rd string freshman QB beat them in the air. The Buckeyes did both.

Team of destiny? Momentum? If they simply put together endless 12-15 play drives and just beat Oregon's D into paste, they do have the secondary speed to at least compete with Oregon's offense.

I can totally see Oregon running away with it but, man, the Buckeyes shouldn't even be here. Yet, they are.

Alabama's defense was not all that this year. The SEC West was also pretty over rated so their competition wasn't as good as it was made out to be.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The best thing about the game tonight will be seeing which senior tuba player gets to dot the 'i" in Ohio.

Other than that, the Ducks feast on the nuts the Buckeyes leave behind.

somdfunguy

not impressed
I think Oregon wins because their style of play is so different than anything than the Ohio State defense has seen this year.

Monday night (Jan 12th) @ 8:30 PM

I think Oregon wins. Heisman winning QB Mariota vs who? (OSU's 3rd string QB)
But the run game will probably dictate what happens.

Quack Quacks over Tree Nuts.

The best thing about the game tonight will be seeing which senior tuba player gets to dot the 'i" in Ohio.

Other than that, the Ducks feast on the nuts the Buckeyes leave behind.
What a great game for the Buckeyes. Our new daddy, 3rd string, 3rd game of the year QB played well. Elliot was amazing

Beta

Smile!
Monday night (Jan 12th) @ 8:30 PM

I think Oregon wins. Heisman winning QB Mariota vs who? (OSU's 3rd string QB)
But the run game will probably dictate what happens.
3rd string QB who destroyed Wisconsin (top 5 defense) and Alabama (#1). Yeah, Cardale Jones SUCKS! :rolleyes:

Two words: Urban Meyer.

He's the best coach in college football. That's all it takes sometimes. He had them ready to play. He outprepared and outcoached Oregon. It didn't hurt that Oregon was short two of their best WRs and was dumb enough to try power football on 4th and goal from the 3. As soon as they missed that I knew the game was over. I'm a Gator (so I know Meyer well) and I was telling my OSU friend who was freaking out that the game was OVER in the first quarter. You just knew it. Buckeye fans will all learn how awesome Meyer is soon enough. Maybe they'll believe after that game.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
3rd string QB who destroyed Wisconsin (top 5 defense) and Alabama (#1). Yeah, Cardale Jones SUCKS! :rolleyes:

Two words: Urban Meyer.

He's the best coach in college football. That's all it takes sometimes. He had them ready to play. He outprepared and outcoached Oregon. It didn't hurt that Oregon was short two of their best WRs and was dumb enough to try power football on 4th and goal from the 3. As soon as they missed that I knew the game was over. I'm a Gator (so I know Meyer well) and I was telling my OSU friend who was freaking out that the game was OVER in the first quarter. You just knew it. Buckeye fans will all learn how awesome Meyer is soon enough. Maybe they'll believe after that game.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you. Couldn't stand Urban "the crier" Meyer when he was here @ Florida (can't stand the llimpid lizards, either, not standing the coach just made it that much easier). He recruits extremely well, and OSU just looked a bit bigger, faster, and stronger than the Ducks, especially in the 2nd half.

Beta

Smile!
Hate to say it, but I agree with you. Couldn't stand Urban "the crier" Meyer when he was here @ Florida (can't stand the llimpid lizards, either, not standing the coach just made it that much easier). He recruits extremely well, and OSU just looked a bit bigger, faster, and stronger than the Ducks, especially in the 2nd half.

you must be a Criminole fan :coffee:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
you must be a Criminole fan :coffee:

Heck no, and you're sick to even suggest I like the Semenholers. I'm a Canes fan since I moved here in '76 when I chose them, as horrible as they were then. Now, Fl has what, nine? BCS division teams?

Need a score card just to know the teams names.

Beta

Smile!
Heck no, and you're sick to even suggest I like the Semenholers. I'm a Canes fan since I moved here in '76 when I chose them, as horrible as they were then. Now, Fl has what, nine? BCS division teams?

Need a score card just to know the teams names.

Ah, ok. If you're a Canes fan then I don't have to Loathe you. I grew up a Canes fan and went to all of their games. I miss the Orange Bowl :ohwell:

Let's see...UF, UM, F$U, UCF, USF, FAU, FIU. I think that's it. :lol: