Colonel’s Death in Iraq Not Suicide?

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Was a Colonel’s Death in Iraq Something More Sinister Than Suicide
By Robert Bryce, Texas Observer
Posted on February 23, 2008, Printed on February 23, 2008

"Since last March, when I wrote a story about the apparent suicide of Col. Ted Westhusing in Iraq, I had believed there was nothing else to write about his tragic death.

But in December, I talked to a source in the Department of Defense who met Westhusing in Iraq about three months before his death. The source, who asked not to be identified for fear of reprisals, was investigating claims of wrongdoing against military contractors working in Iraq. After a short introduction, I asked him what he thought had happened to Westhusing. “I think he was killed. I honestly do. I think he was murdered,” the source told me. “Maybe DOD didn’t have enough evidence to call it murder, so they called it suicide.” I contacted the source through Larry C. Johnson, a former employee of the CIA who specializes in terrorism and security issues, and who writes the “No Quarter USA” blog. Johnson and other bloggers have written extensively about Westhusing’s death.

Two other factors led me to look into the story again: First, some members of Westhusing’s family — in particular his mother, Terry Clark — refuse to believe that the career Army officer, who was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head at Camp Dublin on June 5, 2005, took his own life."

http://qwstnevrythg.com/archives/829