Columbia No Whites Allowed Retreat

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Columbia University to host no-whites-allowed student leadership retreat

Students of color at Columbia University can apply to attend an upcoming racially segregated retreat hosted by the school that promises to embolden and empower participants, according to organizers.

The “Students of Color Leadership Retreat 2016” is open to students within the Columbia University undergraduate community, including its all-women’s Barnard College.

Slated for the weekend of Nov. 12 at Greenkill Retreat Center at the New York YMCA Camp, the event is billed as “an intensive weekend of personal development, empowerment and community building for student leaders at Barnard and Columbia who identify as African/African-American/Black, Latino/Hispanic, Asian/Asian-American, Pacific Islander, Arab and Middle-Eastern, Native & Indigenous, and Multiethnic/Multiracial,” according to the university’s website as well as the retreat’s online application form.

Outstanding ....

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ya' know, I don't have a problem with this, and I don't know why blacks have a problem with whites doing anything similar. We all tend to stick with our own kind, starting with our families, and working out to our neighbors. If we have neighbors who happen to have skin that's a different color, then they become part of our circle at times, but not all times. Just like when I have a family gathering, I don't typically invite friends. There are exceptions to that rule, as I do have friends that are more like family members. I don't think any of them would feel slighted if they weren't are thrown together in a big "mAlice Family" melting pot.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So, why do they need to go out of town to teach a bunch of malcontents how to print protest signs, manufacture Molotov cocktails and break into the local drug store/Adidas store/Big Screens store?

This_person

The Article said:
Asked for additional information, such as whether white students may attend, the cost of the retreat, and about how many students will attend, Melinda Aquino, associate dean of multicultural affairs in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering Undergraduate Student Life, gave a statement on the benefits of the event in an email to The College Fix.

“The Students of Color Leadership Retreat is a long-standing annual program for undergraduates at Columbia and Barnard,” Aquino stated. “The program, which is geared towards any student who self-identifies as a student of color, provides structured activities and guided exercises that enable participants to build community and reflect on their abilities to effect positive change within their own lives, within student organizations, within the Columbia University community, and within society at large.”

So, to be fair, since "white" is a color, and having an "international" ancestry (who in the hell doesn't??) allows one to go, there's really nothing stopping a white person from attending.

:shrug:

Just sayin'.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, to be fair, since "white" is a color, and having an "international" ancestry (who in the hell doesn't??) allows one to go, there's really nothing stopping a white person from attending.

:shrug:

Just sayin'.

Give it a try. See if you don't come out a different color. Black................................... and blue.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Anything resembling a White Retreat would put the ACLU's knickers in a twist. It would also have most; if not all black citizens screaming K.K.K. references.
betcha, betcha.....

But the ACLU would laugh white folks out of the building if they cried foul.

I don't think 200 years of slavery will ever be forgiven. The white man will 'pay' for that atrocity for the rest of our existence. JMHO

Last edited:

This_person

...200 years of slavery...

Just to be straight, we declared our independence from GB in July of 1776. Slavery was authorized in some of the states at that point in the form of state sovereignty (which is to say, the Constitution did not specifically forbid it, and they believed in the tenth amendment back then). However, I believe it was 1805 when the importation of slaves was outlawed, and January of1865 was when slavery in all states was outlawed. That means, during the time of the United States, slavery was not specifically prohibited for 88.5 years, and some states took it upon themselves to exercise that authority. Of the states who did, free blacks owned black slaves in the exact same proportion as free whites.

I just wanted to set all of that straight - this is no more a white thing than a black thing in terms of who owned slaves (in proportion), nor did it go on for hundreds of years in the United States.

luvmygdaughters

:confused:I've never seen a race who tried so hard and won de-segregation but now want to be segregated again. Please make up your minds.

Hijinx

Anything resembling a White Retreat would put the ACLU's knickers in a twist. It would also have most; if not all black citizens screaming K.K.K. references.
betcha, betcha.....

But the ACLU would laugh white folks out of the building if they cried foul.

I don't think 200 years of slavery will ever be forgiven. The white man will 'pay' for that atrocity for the rest of our existence. JMHO

I don't need to be forgiven I never owned a slave. Problem is too many white people who feel they owe blacks something from 200 years ago.
We don't owe them a freaking thing. Not one slave left alive.

luvmygdaughters

I don't need to be forgiven I never owned a slave. Problem is too many white people who feel they owe blacks something from 200 years ago.
We don't owe them a freaking thing. Not one slave left alive.

Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves. One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Uh...Hello, whites weren't the only ones using, buying and selling slaves.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I owe the blacks nothing. My great-grand parents who immigrated here from Ireland and Wales owe the black race nothing. That is what I plan to pay - nothing. Move on.