Columbia Prof Who Fled Communism Resigns Claiming School is Becoming Communist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The College Fix reports:

Columbia professor who fled communism resigns, says university is becoming communist
A Romania-born academic says he recently left his tenured position at Columbia University because the Ivy League school is “on its way toward full blown communism,” according to a Romanian TV interview translated by a Romanian-American immigrant.
Prof. Andrei Serban, an award-winning director, complained about the increasing social justice demands he faced in the theater department in the interview, which aired on Romania’s TVR1 Oct. 26. One prominent example he gave: pressure to admit a transgender applicant who auditioned as Juliet from “Romeo and Juliet.”
Andy Ionescu, a native Romianian speaker who immigrated to the United States in 1999, told The College Fix in a Twitter message that he translated the interview.
He said it was likely the first time that Serban made his resignation publicly known. Columbia still lists Serban as an active professor. Media relations did not respond to an email from The Fix, and Serban’s department did not return a voicemail. Serban did not respond to an email.
https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...esigns-claiming-school-is-becoming-communist/

BOP

"Becoming"? I'd say we jumped that shark a long ways back.

Wait, isn't the state supposed to pay for tuition at colleges and universities under communism? Or are they supposed to purge the faculty and lay off all the staff? I never can keep that totalitarian agenda stuff straight.

Hijinx

"Becoming"? I'd say we jumped that shark a long ways back.

Wait, isn't the state supposed to pay for tuition at colleges and universities under communism? Or are they supposed to purge the faculty and lay off all the staff? I never can keep that totalitarian agenda stuff straight.

You stole my Post.

Becoming? Didn't our Muslim Commie ex-President "allegedly"go there.
Although no one saw him remembers him or ever heard of him there./

Reactions: BOP