Comanche's training begins!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Comanche has mastered the front steps. He's such a sweetie.

Attachments

• steps-1S.jpg
    steps-1S.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 111
  • steps-2.jpg
    steps-2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 114
  • steps-3S.jpg
    steps-3S.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 116
  • steps-4S.jpg
    steps-4S.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 101
  • steps-5S.jpg
    steps-5S.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 108

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Yup. I want him to trust me enough to go anywhere I ask him.

If you notice, the stairs have side walls, and a bush and pole on either side. It's hard for a horse to go through narrow places, doing that is called "squeeze play". Navigating the actual steps makes them pay special attention to where they place their feet. When a horse gets distracted they stop watching where they put their feet and often stumble. He has to pay attention. My steps are concrete and rough so they're sturdy and not at all slick, so they provide great footing.

My time is limited with my work schedule, so I try to put lots of things together when I'm training, and do it all from the ground first. The foundation, once set, never leaves them. I know...TMI, :lol: But thanks for allowing me to share it. :biggrin:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Yup. I want him to trust me enough to go anywhere I ask him.

If you notice, the stairs have side walls, and a bush and pole on either side. It's hard for a horse to go through narrow places, doing that is called "squeeze play". Navigating the actual steps makes them pay special attention to where they place their feet. When a horse gets distracted they stop watching where they put their feet and often stumble. He has to pay attention. My steps are concrete and rough so they're sturdy and not at all slick, so they provide great footing.

My time is limited with my work schedule, so I try to put lots of things together when I'm training, and do it all from the ground first. The foundation, once set, never leaves them. I know...TMI, :lol: But thanks for allowing me to share it. :biggrin:

:lmao:My mind just went into the gutter for a split second!!!!:biggrin: