Come-Out-of-the-Closet-Cartoon-Watchers

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does anyone remember ones like, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch, Land of the Lost, Sigmund and the Seamonsters, The Banana Splits, Land of the Hats and Witchie-Poo???

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's funny! I used to watch them all the time too. My Mom said that I used to "live" for the Monkee's! :D

G

giggles04

I just love cartoons... always have... always will!!!!:)

Right now, I just love to watch The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and but of course the Rugrats and Sponge Bob Square Pants!!!!!!:)

Its all in good fun!
:p :cheers:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
"Mem'ries...light the corners of my mind...prime-time, cartoon-colored-mem'ries...of the shows we watched..."

Ain't it BE-YOO-tee-ful???

Vrai – I loved the "Interjection Song" too, and here's the words I got from a website JUST FOR YOU! (Now it can be stuck in everyone else's head for awhile!)

NOW EVERYONE SING THIS TOGETHER AT 12 PM EST, and we'll drive everyone so INSANE at work, that maybe they'll send us home for the afternoon! LOL!

When Reginald was home with flu, (uh huh)
The doctor knew just what to do:
He cured the infection,
With one small injection,
While Reginald uttered some interjections:

Hey! That smarts!
Ouch! That hurts!
Yow! That's not fair, giving a guy a shot down there!

Interjections (Hey!)
Show excitement, (Yow!)
Or emotion. (Ouch!)
They're generally set apart from a sentence
By an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong. Mmmm...

Though Geraldine played hard to get, (uh huh)
Geraldo knew he'd woo her yet.
He showed his affection,
Despite her objections,
And Geraldine hollered some interjections:

Well! You've got some nerve!
Oh! I've never been so insulted in all my life!
Hey! You're kinda cute!

Interjections (Well!)
Show excitement, (Oh!)
Or emotion. (Hey!)
By an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

So when you're happy (Hurray!)
Or sad (Aw!)
Or frightened (Eeeeeek!)
Or mad (Rats!)
Or excited (Wow!)
Or glad (Hey!)
An interjection starts a sentence right!

The game was tied at seven all, (uh huh)
When Franklin found he had the ball.
He made a connection,
In the other direction,
And the crowd starting shouting out interjections:

Aw! You threw the wrong way!
Darn! You just lost the game!
Hurray! I'm for the other team!

Interjections (Aw!)
Show excitement, (Darn!)
Or emotion. (Hurray!)
By an exclamation point,
Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

So when you're happy (Hurray!)
Or sad (Aw!)
Or frightened (Eeeeeek!)
Or mad (Rats!)
Or excited >> (Wow!)
Or glad (Hey!)
An interjection starts a sentence right!

Interjections (Hey!)
Show excitement, (Hey!)
Or emotion. (Hey!)
By an exclamation point
or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

Interjections!
Show excitement!
Or emotion!
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah... yea!!

(Darn, that's the end.)

S

ShellyCW

I love cartoons! Looney Tunes, of course, South Park, Simpsons, Futurams, King of the Hill, Family Guy, The Tick, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Sealab2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Adult Swim on Cartoon Network kick arse!). I just can't get into anime. It looks really cool, but the stories lose me fast.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Now I want one

Here we go again...;)

I'm going to have to get a copy so I can remember the rest of the words. Is there a video of the cartoons that went along with the songs? Did you get it in the store or online?

Jameo

What?!
:rolleyes:

Was I the only one that watched the Smurfs? Man they were cool back in the day!!

What about the Gummi Bears? Bouncing here and there and everywhere....... they were pretty darn cool too.

My all time fav... Bugs Bunny!! :clap: :dude: :dance:

G

giggles04

Jameo you were not the only one with the Smurfs!!!!!! I used to love watching them too!!!!!!! Still bugs me that there was only like one girl smurf... but thats ok!!!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I wasn't a regular Smurfs watcher, but I remember an episode when Gargamel created Smurfette as an evil temptation for the Smurfs. She had black hair then. When Gargamel's curse was lifted, her hair changed to blonde.

Very strange, if you ask me. The Smurfs are letting their little heads do the thinking for their big heads? Looney Tunes used to use the same concept, but obviously just for laughs!

Also, it sounds like on the Smurfs, blondes are sweetness and light while brunettes are the devil's daughters. (Vrai, you would probably agree with that!) I'm probably overanalyzing what is really a little kids' cartoon.

Last edited:
G

giggles04

That is an interesting way to look at the Smurfs. I really would have never thought of that. But the whole blonde/brunette thing... My hair doesn't mean I'm like the devil child!!!! (can you tell I've got brown hair???)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brunettes are evil, that's for sure. :lmao:

I wasn't a bright enough kid to analyze cartoons - I don't even get a double meaning now, let alone when I was 5 or 6. A friend of mine took a class in college about the culture and analysis of modern day cartoons (yes, it was a credit class). She'd go on and on about how this character was a metaphor for this social ill. She'd point out Bugs Bunny's "Jewish accent" and how he was always getting over on people; Wile E. Coyote as a symbol of corporate evil and Roadrunner as the naive consumer; like that. I'm like "whatever...this is what they teach you people in college?"

G

giggles04

:p

For me, I'd say at least brunettes have a little more "fun" :) hehehehe

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
She'd point out Bugs Bunny's "Jewish accent"

Now that's going overboard! Mel Blanc said he did Bugs with a Brooklyn accent. Saying Bugs is Jewish is like saying Dom DeLuise in Cannonball Run is supposed to be a Christ figure.

jimmy

Drunkard
Family Guy is(was) hands down on of the funniest all-time shows I've ever seen and, as with monkey, it's irreverence is really what drew me to it.

It was like just when you thought they couldn't cross one more line, BOOM they'd do it...god that's a funny show. Uptight people ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Ditto on the simpsons, ren & stimpy, B&B, etc...also Southpark is great (did you see the one where Cartman fed that kid his own parents??????? HOLY CRAP!)

watercolor

yeah yeah
ok gotta love sponge bob squarepants....'who lives in a pineapple under the sea' well yea...

I also like powerpuff girls...also gotta love the classics...everyone remember the snorks??? and the strawberry shortcake and rainbow bright....*smile*

Also, I watch Rugrats sometimes...and Dexters Laboratory....*lol*

But that is about it...I dont watch the newer ones like digimon or anything like that....*shrugs* Does not catch my interest, pokemon did for a while..but that burned afterwhile....

G

giggles04

Sponge Bob!!!!!!!!:)

Sponge Bob Squarepants....'who lives in a pineapple under the sea' !!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D ;) :)

Gotta love it!

FIREMAN

If nautical nonsence is what you wish then hop on the deck and flop like a fish.......Sponge Bob Squarepants
Who is yellow and absorbite as he...... Sponge Bob Squarepants

Well you guys know what I watch now.

Favorite Old cartoons
Thunder Cats
He Mann
GI Joe
Speed Racer
Trans Formers

How about old T.V. shows. I will admit it I am a big fan of Dukes of Hazard. I want the orange car and Daisy.... Every once in a while I will catch a rerun on T.V. You might as well count me out of any work for about an hour till it's turns off.