Status
Not open for further replies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Subject: Distasteful Headlines

Dear Sir/Madam:

It's been four years now since, my family and I relocated to Waldorf. We regularly visit your site and have found many of your local events articles - especially those related to incidents that transpire in Waldorf - distasteful. For example, "Teen Pot Heads Busted" - 11/03/05, "Punk's Getaway Foiled by Stop Sticks" - 08/30/05, "DC Thugs Commit Armed Carjacking at Randy's Ribs" - 08/29/05, etc.

The use and labeling of suspects as "pot heads", "punks," "(DC) and Thugs," is highly inappropriate and suggests a narrow-minded mentality that should be corrected. Surely, the professional(s) responsibile for these articles can, at the very least, consult a thesaurus for terminology that is less crude.

Better yet, how about headlines that are simple, descriptive and absent bias.
We feel it is indeed appropriate to refer to lawbreakers as "punks" and "thugs". We also are not concerned about offending said punks and thugs by referring to them as such. Had they not broken the law, they would not have become famous in the pages of Somd.com in the first place.

In the broad scheme of things, we feel it is much worse to do drugs, lead police on a car chase and carjack your fellow citizens than it is to call criminals by unflattering epithets.

So our characterization stands, but we thank you for taking time to voice your opinion.

Toxick

Splat
The use and labeling of suspects as "pot heads", "punks," "(DC) and Thugs," is highly inappropriate and suggests a narrow-minded mentality that should be corrected. Surely, the professional(s) responsibile for these articles can, at the very least, consult a thesaurus for terminology that is less crude.
Rossignol? Is that you again?
I wish you would stop wasting our time with these suggestions.

mainman

Set Trippin
vraiblonde said:
We feel it is indeed appropriate to refer to lawbreakers as "punks" and "thugs". We also are not concerned about offending said punks and thugs by referring to them as such. Had they not broken the law, they would not have become famous in the pages of Somd.com in the first place.

In the broad scheme of things, we feel it is much worse to do drugs, lead police on a car chase and carjack your fellow citizens than it is to call criminals by unflattering epithets.

So our characterization stands, but we thank you for taking time to voice your opinion.
You should have titled this thread, "Jerkoff Complains"...:yay:

Pete

Repete
Better yet, how about headlines that are simple, descriptive and absent bias.
Dear Sir,

You busted us. It is now exposed that we are biased towards Thugs, pot heads, and punks. How will we live with ourselves.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Teen Pot Heads Busted

"Disadvantaged ward 8 residents denied their right to expand their conciousness"

Punk's Getaway Foiled by Stop Sticks

"Tires vandalized by overzealous police"

DC Thugs Commit Armed Carjacking at Randy's Ribs

"Ward 8 residents prosecuted for getting a ride home"

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:

So our characterization stands, but we thank you for taking time to voice your opinion. Now go away you liberal buttmunch!!
:fixed:

ajhkmr97

TexasPride1977
I say - keep it real - call a spade a spade. If folks have a problem with "frankness" then it is just that - their problem. I understand - yes - different terminology could be used - but the choice of wording is the perogative of SOMD.com editor(s).

Overall - I agree that things could be written with a bit more taste but I could really care less. I dont pay money into somd.com so I dont see what right I have to complain. If I have a problem with things - I know where the door is!

Vince

Dear Vrai,

Please post more of these liberal, asinine complaints. They are fun to read.

Sincerely yours,
Vincent :coffee:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
MMDad said:
Teen Pot Heads Busted

"Disadvantaged ward 8 residents denied their right to expand their conciousness"

Punk's Getaway Foiled by Stop Sticks

"Tires vandalized by overzealous police"

DC Thugs Commit Armed Carjacking at Randy's Ribs

"Ward 8 residents prosecuted for getting a ride home"
:killingme :killingme :killingme

Status
Not open for further replies.