Completion of the school year

CRHS89

Many teachers have children of their own at home and are without child care. It will be interesting seeing how this works out when they have to teach their classes, plus oversee their own children as they are e-learning as well. Some, but not all, have spouses that can help with this, but many of those spouses may be teleworking or have jobs that are still requiring them on-site.

As far a attending school during the summer, I don't see that as an option since many schools don't have air conditioning.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Greg let me pop your bubble. I EFFIN CARE ABOUT MY KID GRADUATING, okay? NO, I really don't care if it is ok with you or not. He flat out BUSTED HIS ASS since day 1 to get where he is right now and to have that stolen from a bunch of rat eating jackhole savages pisses me off. If he was scraping by maybe I would feel different but he has made my wife and me proud of everything he has accomplished and taking that walk is the least that he deserves.

S's moment was stolen by the politicians - the people we elected to run our cities, states, and country. Even if he doesn't walk and get public recognition for his high school achievements, he will still go on to a bright future and success in adulthood. He's not going to look back at high school as his glory days, like so many do.

Yes, you are disappointed that he won't have a big graduation ceremony, but straight up there will be so many more important moments of success in his life that it's not worth getting worked up about this one.

:huggy:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
S's moment was stolen by the politicians - the people we elected to run our cities, states, and country. Even if he doesn't walk and get public recognition for his high school achievements, he will still go on to a bright future and success in adulthood. He's not going to look back at high school as his glory days, like so many do.

Yes, you are disappointed that he won't have a big graduation ceremony, but straight up there will be so many more important moments of success in his life that it's not worth getting worked up about this one.

:huggy:
He is up to $250K in scholarship offers so far and not because he can swing a football bat or throw home runs.

GregV814

Well, Greg let me pop your bubble. I EFFIN CARE ABOUT MY KID GRADUATING, okay? NO, I really don't care if it is ok with you or not. He flat out BUSTED HIS ASS since day 1 to get where he is right now and to have that stolen from a bunch of rat eating jackhole savages pisses me off. If he was scraping by maybe I would feel different but he has made my wife and me proud of everything he has accomplished and taking that walk is the least that he deserves.
I was throwing my hands up Kom. I know you're angry as I was when my son, worked his ass off making an obstacle course at a school for his Eagle project, talking with the schools staff, getting money, buying lumber ets....then, a slacker kid put hooks on telephone poles for the American flags for Bowens and he too, got his Eagle award for THAT....I was venting....but you like to bust my chops anyway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is up to $250K in scholarship offers so far and not because he can swing a football bat or throw home runs.

Exactly. Hell, his college graduation won't even be your proudest moment. He has a big future ahead of him and no doubt will have many successes.

kom526

I bust everyone's chops. Your kid was disappointed and probably a little depressed about that episode, Eagle is bitch to attain. We as parents try to help our kids as much as we can and hate to see them suffer (get robbed by bastards) and we get pissed because we can't help. I know his GPA and attitude and goals will keep driving him but I also want him to enjoy being a high school senior and even that is being robbed from him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know his GPA and attitude and goals will keep driving him but I also want him to enjoy being a high school senior and even that is being robbed from him.

At least he won't be one of those 50 year olds who still talks about the spelling bee he won in 2nd grade because that's the last time he had a success.

This guy I went to high school with, he was the football quarterback, super good looking, and the schizz big time with a big ass ego to match. Now he's a broken down drunk sitting on the barstool at Bob's Tavern regaling other drunks with his stories about winning the city championship game against Northeast 40 years ago.

Glory days....well they'll pass you by.....

kom526

At least he won't be one of those 50 year olds who still talks about the spelling bee he won in 2nd grade because that's the last time he had a success.
Or a member of Congress touting the 2nd place finish in a high school science fair.

This guy I went to high school with, he was the football quarterback, super good looking, and the schizz big time with a big ass ego to match. Now he's a broken down drunk sitting on the barstool at Bob's Tavern regaling other drunks with his stories about winning the city championship game against Northeast 40 years ago.

Glory days....well they'll pass you by.....
You went to Polk High with Al Bundy ?!?!??!?!?!!!

SamSpade

How can the last day of school be 24APR if it doesn't usually let out until mid-June? What am I missing...

I don't know, do you know something I don't? Do they intend to end the school year after this current stay home thing is over?
No plan to re-open them this school year?

Maybe I missed something...

Makavide

Not too talkative
SMCPS letter posted yesterday after Gov Hogan announced Maryland schools to remain closed till April 24th.
https://www.smcps.org/strategic-planning/covid-19 called March 25 2020 letter.

Synopsis -
next week teachers learn how to work online
after that, some laptops available if needed - seniors get first choice
expanded use of online learning tools already in place.

Attachments

• March 25 COVID letter.pdf
    447.9 KB · Views: 130

kom526

SMCPS letter posted yesterday after Gov Hogan announced Maryland schools to remain closed till April 24th.
https://www.smcps.org/strategic-planning/covid-19 called March 25 2020 letter.

Synopsis -
next week teachers learn how to work online
after that, some laptops available if needed - seniors get first choice
expanded use of online learning tools already in place.
The expanded use of online learning tools is being used to some extent by a lot of teachers already but from what I've seen so far some of the parents are incapable of following the most basic of directions and they are missing the content that was tailored for their child's use.

Email: "Here is your link for xyzlearning"
Parent: "I went to xyzlearning and it wanted money."
Reply: "They shouldn't be asking for money. I'll call help desk."
Help: "The parent needs to follow the link you provided for free."
Email: "Did you follow your link?"
Parent: "No, I just typed it in."
Email: "You need to follow YOUR link that I provided."

#TrueStory

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They just sent something to parents for Calvert Co. Will be doing their work through their Schoology account and there doesn't seem to be a time frame to get the work done. They don't want to stress the student with deadlines.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't know, do you know something I don't? Do they intend to end the school year after this current stay home thing is over?
No plan to re-open them this school year?

Maybe I missed something...
No idea. Mine graduated in 2017.

glitch

Devil's Advocate

1. Your son's graduation may, or may not, "stolen" by a virus. It's no different than any other pathogen on planet earth. Spoiler alert - they're not sentient.

2. You're a bigot. I sincerely hope that your particular apple has fallen far, far away from the tree on that account. Take some time and think about whether your son would be as proud of you as you are of him if he knew.