Computer Dead?

belvak

Happy Camper
My laptop went boom. Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200. About two years old. When logged on this morning, all was well. I'm teleworking, so I logged onto my work virtual interface and had been working with no problems since about 6:20. When I logged in, I received a message from my Toshiba messenger that there was an update that needed installed, so I clikcked okay.

Continued working, all well, then about 10:15, the screen just went black. No fan, no power. Pressed the power button and nothing. Removed battery , put it back, and tried again. Still nothing. When I press the power button, the power indicator flashes orange five times, then nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

belvak

Happy Camper
Okay, this is where I get the giant "L" tattooed on my forehead! It appears that the ac adaptor was somehow unplugged. :doh: I do not remember unplugging it! It runs ever so much better with electricity! Funny thing is that I did not see a low battery warning. I always see that. Oh well, I are stupid! At least I didn't cart it off to be repaired just to find out it needed charged!0

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, this is where I get the giant "L" tattooed on my forehead! It appears that the ac adaptor was somehow unplugged. :doh: I do not remember unplugging it! It runs ever so much better with electricity! Funny thing is that I did not see a low battery warning. I always see that. Oh well, I are stupid! At least I didn't cart it off to be repaired just to find out it needed charged!0

This post gave me an enormous sigh of relief. I hate hate hate it when computers just decide to die and I can't fix it, so I am overjoyed that it was something simple.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
If all else fails, I love to sledge hammer them to death in my driveway out of frustration. Feels good when your done- Take that you piece of $h!T! Seems like computers have a self destruct time stamp built into them. Just easier to buy a new one sometimes.

somdwatch

Glad you're fixed! But many humorous help desk stories did come to mind when reading this.