Computer repair recommendations

Popster

My desktop bit the dust. Are used to use hunters bits and bytes but he is now out of the business. Any recommendations? Thanks! Help!

Popster

What Chris Said ........ what exactly is the problem.
This is an older gateway gaming computer. It has scsi hard drives two of which are pluggable. I believe all are at least 2 TB. The C Dr. is a highbred drive. When it tries to boot it fails. I see the dreaded blue screen flash briefly and it takes me to the screen that asks to try to boot or use the repair disc. The system recovery options program shows a Windows 7 operating system on my F Dr. this is the tribe that I used to back up system and has on it a system image. I am guessing that the C Dr. building section is shot. When it tries to boot the drive seems to be working in the windows logo screen first comes up and it dies there. Then the screen that says that when does that not start shows up with the options I’ve tried to start Windows normally or go to recovery. It then stays in this loop. I’m guessing it may be time to buy a new computer and we are considering a laptop. However I would like to get information off of the seat drive as well as another drive on the system that I call that you drive that has 2 TB worth of pictures backed up on it Suggestions? Just to have in the past I spent way too many hours trying to get OS two to work as well as other operating systems. I would just like to have somebody be able to solve this problem for me this time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
SCSI or Sata

probably SATA ... unless you put in a SCSI Card and drives PC's have by and large used IDE and now SATA Drives.
I would guess your C Drive is starting to fail and has or is suffering some file corruption

have you seeen the a specific bit of the BSOD that might list out a specific file

like nvidia.sys cause Stop Error Code .....

or something more generic like

IRQ Unequal to or Paged Memory Error

However I would like to get information off of the seat drive as well as another drive on the system that I call that you drive that has 2 TB worth of pictures backed up on it Suggestions?

well as long as the Hard Drive [ C: ?] is showing up a working drive this can be connected to a USB to SATA adapter nad a file recovery attempted

2 tb hard drives are cheap these days. depending on memory this would be a good time to upgrade to Win 10

I am no longer working in Hollywood to help, but I know a couple of PC Techs I'll reach out to one tonight

Popster

SCSI or Sata

probably SATA ... unless you put in a SCSI Card and drives PC's have by and large used IDE and now SATA Drives.
I would guess your C Drive is starting to fail and has or is suffering some file corruption

have you seeen the a specific bit of the BSOD that might list out a specific file

like nvidia.sys cause Stop Error Code .....

or something more generic like

IRQ Unequal to or Paged Memory Error

well as long as the Hard Drive [ C: ?] is showing up a working drive this can be connected to a USB to SATA adapter nad a file recovery attempted

2 tb hard drives are cheap these days. depending on memory this would be a good time to upgrade to Win 10

I am no longer working in Hollywood to help, but I know a couple of PC Techs I'll reach out to one tonight
Thank you. That would be very helpful. Oh Thanks i

Popster

I spent the $20 for EasyRecovery and it has failed. I assume the Sata hard drive has failed.
Seagate 2TB Desktop Gaming SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST2000DX001)

I can buy anew drive, but will need to get a copy of win7 or find a way to go win10 and transfer data. Is this something the Geek squad can do? I should have a mirror image of the failed drive on another hard drive on the computer.

If anyone knows someone that can do this I am interested. In the past I would have done this, but would like to attend to other issues at this time.

Thanks for the help already given above and for any info.

Popster

The easy recovery program seemed to be nothing more than the win recovery disk. The C drive was shot so it was not a solution.
P
I found and used Chesapeake PC Source in Leonardtown. Across from the McKays. Professional and quick service.