Computer Repair

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The hinges on my laptop are shot after getting in the bad habit of picking it up by the side of the screen. It now only flops back and forth and won't stay stationary. It's less than 2 years old, so I'd rather not replace the whole thing.

Suggestions?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ugh... laptops. They are always a pain in the a$$ to work on. Lot's of blind screws and hidden catches to release.

Look up the model number online and see if you can find a repair guide. Or better yet a Manufacturer Support Forum when you can ask questions.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ugh... laptops. They are always a pain in the a$$ to work on. Lot's of blind screws and hidden catches to release.

Look up the model number online and see if you can find a repair guide. Or better yet a Manufacturer Support Forum when you can ask questions.
Brilliant idea! Thanks! This is why I hang out here. ☕

The computer fix it shop in Leonardtown in the strip next to Winters Chiropractor and facing Bottom of the Hill is highly recommended by several people I know. Very knowledgeable, straight-forward and does not pad the bill.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The computer fix it shop in Leonardtown in the strip next to Winters Chiropractor and facing Bottom of the Hill is highly recommended by several people I know. Very knowledgeable, straight-forward and does not pad the bill.
Thank you!

KingFish

Nothing to see here
My son has an issue with his computer. I cannot find computer fix it shop when I search for it. I see a Chesapeake PC Source in Leonardtown. Would this be the same?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My son has an issue with his computer. I cannot find computer fix it shop when I search for it. I see a Chesapeake PC Source in Leonardtown. Would this be the same?
Yes, it is. I would suggest calling to make sure someone is in the office before just showing up.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The hinges on my laptop are shot after getting in the bad habit of picking it up by the side of the screen. It now only flops back and forth and won't stay stationary. It's less than 2 years old, so I'd rather not replace the whole thing.

Suggestions?
I've replaced many, many over the years. Do you bake? Blueberry pie? Barter?

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Yes, it is. I would suggest calling to make sure someone is in the office before just showing up.
Thanks RR. At the last moment I found what the issue was and it is now operating as it should be. I have added the place of business into my contacts list for next time I have an issue I cannot solve.