Concert Help need some help here

RPMDAD

Ok, folks need some help here my son just asked me about how to go about buying tickets to the Taylor Swift concert at the Verizon Center Aug, 2 and 3 2011. Now i am an old hippy that has never been to the Verizon Center, i used to attend many concerts at the old Capital Center, once they closed that i refused to go to DC for a concert. Now here is where i am confused, i looked up the concert at Verizon Center and got this info. are you telling me you have to buy tickets 2 years in advance to go to a concert without paying scalper prices i am confused. It states tickets went on sale Oct 23rd 2009 for a concert on Aug. 2 and 3 2011. When you go to other sites tickets seem to run 340.00 for 2tickets to 1000.00+ for 2 tickets.
Am i missing something here, i remember standing in the parking lot at the Cap center and paying almost face value for tickets for little known groups like CSNY and Clapton.

Here is the ticket sale link

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1500463A9B6A56D7?artistid=1094215&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

mamacourt

Tickets go on sale for this concert on Friday Feb 4th at 10am. Just got the email tonight from WMZQ that this concert was even happening.