Concert Season

Joe'smom

Allot of concerts coming up---with great photo ops!!
Post your concert pics--they are quite the challenge!
Here are a couple of Dierks Bentley from last weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0358_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0358_filtered.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0290_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0290_filtered.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 132

Tomcat

Anytime
Good shots, hope I can take my camera to the Sugarland concert this week. Anyone know the policy on cameras at St.Leonard FD concerts?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Allot of concerts coming up---with great photo ops!!
Post your concert pics--they are quite the challenge!
Here are a couple of Dierks Bentley from last weekend.

:clap: I am glad he's letting his hair grow back out. Although he looked good with the shorter cut, I love me a man with curls.

Good shots, hope I can take my camera to the Sugarland concert this week. Anyone know the policy on cameras at St.Leonard FD concerts?

I know there will be picture taking allowed. File through the front in an orderly fashion, take the picture and move on. Other than that ... you'll have to be in your seat or in the vendor area. :shrug:

T

TwilightImaging

wow, that guy looks alot like me and all my hair LOL hehehehe

Joe'smom

Nice shots, what camera were you using?
Thanks! I have a Canon S3 IS---and good seats and a Raynox DCR2020 pro telephoto ---had to be handheld. Was told by one of my security friends that they will let you use "the big camera" for the first three songs or so---then it has to go---I used it all night--never left my seat. Taking this puppy to Sugarland and Huey Lewis. Havent had any issues at St Leonard either but I have good seats there too...."Why don't you stay":whistle: OOPPPSS sorry --cant sing on the internet...I was gonna say stay tuned. :lmao::lmao:

F

FireBuff40

Hey me and the wifey are going to the Sugarland Concert too, I'm pretty sure they will allow cameras, if not I'll take some with my camera phone!!! Hope to see yall there! :buddies:

Anyone know where the beer truck will be????

Joe'smom

Here are a couple of mine from last year. Not nearly as good as yours JBR--nice shots! Sara Evans and The Doobie Bros.

Attachments

• IMG_0926_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0926_filtered.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 78
  • concertdoobies 013_filtered.jpg
    concertdoobies 013_filtered.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 97

Joe'smom

Sugarland at St Leonard--WOW what a show!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6481_filtered.jpg
    IMG_6481_filtered.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6484_filtered.jpg
    IMG_6484_filtered.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6501_filtered.jpg
    IMG_6501_filtered.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 96

Tomcat

Anytime
:yahoo::yahoo:Got a ticket for ZZ Top, 3rd row center :yahoo::yahoo:
I'll post the pics from Sugarland when I get time.

Danzig & JBR, what lens and settings are you using for the night time concert pics? I used my 55-200 with a 2x teleconverter and left everything on auto. Would I do better opening the lens up (4.5 if I recall) and slowing the speed down to 60 - 125? Fast enough to freeze the action yet long enough to get better exposure.

Last edited:

vbailey

vbailey
You are allowed to take all the pictures you want at the "Ignite the Night" Concerts and it's a free concert event at the St. Mary's County Fair Grounds.
June 27th 5:00-10:00pm

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Tomcat, Kinda depends on the lighting for the show. I used three different lenses last year. I used a 50mm 1.8, 35-70mm 2.8, and a 80-200mm 2.8
Shutter speeds varied on shots from 1/125th to 1/200th of a second. Not sure what ISO mostly around 200-400

With a lens that is 4.5 or up there shutter speed would have to drop and ISO go up some.

Good Luck!
J